[Question] Will you be able to easily activate individual modules?

crimsonknight3

Hi there, i can\'t post on the dev/suggestion section so i\'ll ask here and hope someone who knows will just happen to notice.

Will there ever be a quick and easy way of manually activating a select module/group of modules outside the usual order? Example time. Say you have 4 solid boosters and 3 liquid engines, the 4 solid boosters are connecting to radial couplers. Taking off i have all on the first section of modules. When the solid fuel runs out i want to disconnect the solid fuel boosters whilst leaving everything else in place. Is this already possible or will it be implemented in the future?

I know you can manually release certain modules by right clicking but this is timey and gives the ship a very unstable few minutes whilst trying to get them all off

Thanks

You can already shed your boosters while leaving the LFEs running.

Create your rocket with LFTs and and LFE.

In the next stage have your decouplers.

In the next stage (at the bottom) put your boosters and drag just the LFE from the above stage into the boosters stage.

When you launch, the boosters and the LFE will fire up. Hitting the staging button when the boosters are dead will pop them off, but because the LFE is still attached to the rocket, it will just move to the current stage and keep firing.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.