Cannot remove parts in build mode with probe cores

Hey.  Just started having a recent issue...incidentally, it did not appear after installing/uninstalling a mod, but rather after researching a new batch of probe cores:  When I attach parts to a probe core in build mode, I can no longer remove them.  They are selectable, and I can right click.  I merely cannot remove them from the probe.  I have tried all of the googles, and cannot find anything. Relevant information:

KSP: 1.2.2 64bit // Windows 10

Problem: Cannot un-attach part from probe core in build mode.  Cause/mod unknown

Mods Installed:  I try my very best to keep them all up to date

USI (most)

B9

Deadly Reentry

Distant Object

EVE

KAS/KIS

Kerbal Engineer

KW Rocketry Redux

PlanetShine

Remote Tech

SCANsat

Scatterer

SmokeScreen

Stock Bug Fix Controller Plus

SVE

Texture Replacer

Trajectories

Kerbal Alarm Clock / Transfer Window Planner

TweakScale

VenStockRevamp

Reproduction Steps:  Begin a build with a OCTO or HEXA probe core.  Attach anything.  Cannot unattach

Log:  I can post the full log if you need it.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

UIList: RemoveItem didn't find any item to remove.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Edited by Kalloran

It must be one of your mod, me thinks.

Just a question, if you do a CTRL + Z after putting a part, does the undesired part get removed?

I'm sorry for the very standard answer, but have you tried to remove one mod at the time and check if you can isolate a culprit?

Or in a fresh save game?

Standard answers are fine!  I feel like I'm missing something simple, so I'm hoping for something as simple as "hey dumba**, do this".  Also, I suspect it is/was a mod or a mod conflict....just can't isolate which one from the output log.

To answer your question.  No, I had never tried CTRL Z, and I'm not yet at the "remove everything" point...ref update below.

UPDATE: After closing the game, verifying that all my mods were up to date (a couple needed updating), and restarting the game (stupid me hadn't tried THAT yet. I have the attention span of a goldfish sometimes).....and changing the batteries on my mouse, the problem seems to have disappeared.  That being said, the fact that it cropped up after a week of playing the game off and on without issue, I can't imagine that mods started magically conflicting.  This leaves only that I did something to irritate the game (*cough* Kraken *cough*).  At this point I'm just wondering if someone has seen this before.

Thanks for the help.  If it crops up again, I shall see if CTRL Z does anything and will start removing mods one by one.  I'm wondering if one of my mods conflicted when I researched the new batch of probes and somehow didn't implement properly when I went into build mode.

Edited by Kalloran

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.