SolidJuho

SUGGESTION: More career in science mode.

SolidJuho    21

Hey,

For me, at least career mode isn't for most fitting, because i cant build whatever i want.

So Science mode is mainly what i play, But i think there should be more career stuff in science. 

Example: You can upgrade Facilities by science points instead of fully upgraded ones. And another main thing is that contracts in science mode, because sometimes it gets boring.

I am glad that kerbal experience can be turned on at science mode, but it still needs more career options.

Of course this can be achieve by playing career and max out money and then remove science points when upgrading facilities and reconfig contracts, but it does not feel same.

i am really glad if these thing get added to KSP.

Cheers. 

Veeltch    1997

It's possible to fuse career and science modes into one. The player would have the ability to do experiments and progress, do contracts and progress or do both and progress. But the way science points work is in the way.

I'd more like a "budget" mode, where everything is unlocked and you have to do things on very tight budgets, then have a leaderboard for who made a specific contract on the lowest budget.

hms_warrior    71
22 hours ago, SolidJuho said:

I am glad that kerbal experience can be turned on at science mode, but it still needs more career options.

Cheers. 

Wait wait wait. HOW????? Missing that option since the first time i started a science mode game!!!

Streetwind    3818
50 minutes ago, hms_warrior said:

Wait wait wait. HOW????? Missing that option since the first time i started a science mode game!!!

It's a difficulty setting (may be under advanced settings).

W. Kerman    200
On February 26, 2017 at 3:33 AM, SolidJuho said:

Hey,

For me, at least career mode isn't for most fitting, because i cant build whatever i want.

So Science mode is mainly what i play, But i think there should be more career stuff in science. 

Example: You can upgrade Facilities by science points instead of fully upgraded ones. And another main thing is that contracts in science mode, because sometimes it gets boring.

Of course this can be achieve by playing career and max out money and then remove science points when upgrading facilities and reconfig contracts, but it does not feel same.

i am really glad if these thing get added to KSP.

Cheers. 

It seems we are in the same boat, my friend... I'm also playing with Kerbal XP in science mode...

John FX    1749

My opinion is that there should just be a custom difficulty screen for each game where you can turn on or off things like science, money, quicksaves etc.

Then everyone gets the game they want. No need for science mode or career or even sandbox, they would all be the same type of game with custom difficulty settings.

Sandbox is just career with no contracts, science, funds, or experience for example. Mix and match for ultimate happy making!

Choose which icon you want for your save too if you like.

Zeiss Ikon    198
On 2/27/2017 at 9:09 AM, John FX said:

My opinion is that there should just be a custom difficulty screen for each game where you can turn on or off things like science, money, quicksaves etc.

Then everyone gets the game they want. No need for science mode or career or even sandbox, they would all be the same type of game with custom difficulty settings.

Sandbox is just career with no contracts, science, funds, or experience for example. Mix and match for ultimate happy making!

Yes!  This!

SolidJuho    21
On 27.2.2017 at 4:09 PM, John FX said:

Totally agree. True question is: Will this come to KSP?

John FX    1749
8 hours ago, SolidJuho said:

Totally agree. True question is: Will this come to KSP?

Probably not. While it sounds simple it might require a serious rewrite of the way games are handled.