CoreI

Changing Number of Contracts Offered.

Question

CoreI    41
Posted (edited)

In my career game my mission control stopped offering contracts. Fortunately, i have fixed that thanks to this reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/37x63q/psa_if_youre_finding_the_10ish_active_contracts/.

However, now i am being bombarded by ~50 contract offers. Is this because my reputation is ~50? Or is it because I raised the contract limit to 30?

If I am being offered so many contracts because of my raised limit, how can I bring the number of contracts being offered in mission control down a few notches to feel less cheaty?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by CoreI
Clarification

4 answers to this question

bewing    1277

Yeah, it's because you raised the limit to "30". Ten doesn't really mean 10 and thirty doesn't really mean 30. Ten actually means more like 15, and thirty really means more like 45. So it's gonna be about 50% higher than the number you set.

Loren Pechtel    142
On 4/17/2017 at 1:28 PM, Spricigo said:

^this

Notice you can just pick the contracts you like and let the others expire. You will only receive a penalty if you decline (small reputation hit) or if you fail after accepting it.

If I'm planing a mission to landing a kerbal in Eve and return, a contract to conduct temperature reading at surface of Kerbin is asking to be ignored anyway.

Yup.  I increased the limit so I wouldn't be faced with the situation of all the stuff being offered being junk.  In the real world I think there would be a lot more stuff being offered anyway.

Spricigo    443

^this

Notice you can just pick the contracts you like and let the others expire. You will only receive a penalty if you decline (small reputation hit) or if you fail after accepting it.

If I'm planing a mission to landing a kerbal in Eve and return, a contract to conduct temperature reading at surface of Kerbin is asking to be ignored anyway.

Streetwind    3822

Your reputation plays into how many contracts you get offered, I believe. 30 is probably the absolute minimum offer, plus an extra percentage somehow based on your rep.