Sun position isn't updated frequently enough under time warp

I just observed that under time warp (most obviously at 50x), Sun position is not updated frequent enough so that it jumps to its next position every second or so. On my machine it is reproducible in stock KSP with fresh settings.cfg by just launching anything from KSC, don't do anything but 50x warp, and just watch the sky (or watch your shadow). I've not noticed this behavior in 1.2.2, only since 1.3. I understand it could be some optimization, but it really annoys me - enjoying the scene of the sky at time warp is something that I enjoy from this game... Do people also see this behavior? If yes, is there any hidden config setting or even something involving a quick c# coding that could fix it? Thanks.

Yes, the developers have been working on that and it will be fixed in the next bug patch in version 1.3.1. Apparently, it was a side effect of a technique they used to fix a problem with the shadows.

You can read about it in the KSP Weekly for June 23rd:

Here is the relevant quote from them: "The Sun movement has been fixed, so we still retain our shadow rough patch/fix while also restoring the movement of the sun back to the way it was before (nice and smooth)."

Edited by HvP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.