HD Textures?

Dygrelan

'Ello kerbal whatevers, so I'm making a short fan-film thing dunno the name and I was wondering if there's any really HD textures? The current in-game ones really are not cinematic level, not for what I want, is there any I can find that will fit my needs or would I be better off making my own textures? Thanks in advanced.ssss 

-DYgrekna

EDIT: if anyone wants to b donate some crafts to go into thee animation then post a picture. I need a small relay satellite usin ra-2 relayy  and a small rover with the rove max wheelz. Also a rocket. I will pick the best ones if anyon does show pictures and let you know . Thanks read :)

Edited by Dygrelan
I wanted to add this bit to the end

The guide linked above is severely outdated, a lot of things have changed in 2 years, especially concerning 64bit and all the DirectX/OpenGL/ATM stuff we used to deal with RAM issues.

Edited by Gaarst

On 3.9.2017 at 10:00 PM, Dygrelan said:

'Ello kerbal whatevers, so I'm making a short fan-film thing dunno the name and I was wondering if there's any really HD textures? The current in-game ones really are not cinematic level, not for what I want, is there any I can find that will fit my needs or would I be better off making my own textures? Thanks in advanced.ssss 

Off the top of my head:

- Stock Visual Terrain offers high res planet surface textures.
- Ven's Stock Part Revamp replaces textures of stock parts with higher res ones. However, it tends to make them look very different instead of preserving the stock look. It also changes gameplay balance, but that may be less relevant for filming.
- Color Coded Canisters stays much more true to the original parts, but replaces only the LFO fuel tank textures.

There may be others.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.