CK's Kerbalized Battlestar Galactica Replica Collection

Why:

I recently started watching Battlestar Galactica and I thought the ships looked cool, so I decided to start building KSP replicas of them. So far there's only two, but I want to build more. 

What:

A collection of kerbalized replicas of various ships from Battlestar Galactica!

"Changelog":

• September 12th, 2017: Added Kolonial Mover (Colonial Movers transport ship replica)
  • September 14th, 2017: Added Olympic Karrier (Olympic Carrier replica)

With that out of the way, let's move on to the ships - that's why you're here, right?

(click on the name of the ship to get to the KerbalX page which includes the mod list - if you do download these and you get missing mod errors, let me know)

Kolonial Mover

Spoiler

A replica of the Colonial Movers transport ship. Antimatter reactor, three Karborundum torch drives for a dV of 6,361 m/s with 1296 tons of Ore on board. Hydrazine resistojet thrusters for translation maneuvers and a massive 15-meter reaction wheel ring for rotation maneuvers.

VoJThsD.png

nADZupx.png

0bR6dZk.png

KaEWGb0.png

XF0WnJt.png

NbbBbcF.png

Olympic Karrier

Spoiler

A replica of the Olympic Carrier cruise liner. Carries 96 passengers and a crew of 10. Antimatter reactor and three Karborundum fusion drives for a dV of 35,415 m/s. Monopropellant RCS thrusters for translation maneuvers. Also has a cargo hold for storing... well, anything, really.

ddUXZiN.png

KZjyMiQ.png

aifuzPZ.png

GfM08YC.png

Edited by CaptainKorhonen

2 hours ago, CaptainKorhonen said:

Kolonial Mover

(Yes, I just changed the C to a K, deal with it!)

Why? - I recently started watching Battlestar Galactica and I thought the ships looked cool, so I decided to build one of them. Being somewhat obsessed with both cargo ships and ships that have an odd, asymmetric shape, this one was the obvious choice.

What? - A kerbalized replica of the Colonial Movers transport ship from Battlestar Galactica.

Specs? - Antimatter reactor, three Karborundum torch drives and hydrazine resistojets for maneuvering. Crew capacity of one. Has a dV of ~6300 m/s and a TWR of ~0.25 with a full load (1296 tons) of Ore. The containers can, of course, be configured for other resources as well. With Throttle Controlled Avionics installed, you can even carry a mix of different resources as TCA will manage the engines and RCS thrusters to counter the imbalance (to a certain degree, anyway).

KerbalX link? - Yes! If it doesn't work (missing mods), let me know and I'll see if I can figure it out. The mod list should contain all the mods I used, but I'm not 100% sure.

With that out of the way, let's move on to the pictures:

That's nifty! I watched the original BSG and BSG 1980 when I was a kid way back then.

Can you do the agri ship? IIRC the model was either the same ship or a redress of the ship used in the film "Silent Running".

On 12.9.2017 at 11:05 PM, Galane said:

That's nifty! I watched the original BSG and BSG 1980 when I was a kid way back then.

Can you do the agri ship? IIRC the model was either the same ship or a redress of the ship used in the film "Silent Running".

You mean the one with lots of hemisphere shaped greenhouse things on it? I could have a go at it if I had a mod that added that kind of greenhouse modules, but I don't know if there is one.

On another note, I just finished a replica of the Olympic Carrier cruise ship, and I kinda want to build more stuff in the future (Colonial Viper and Colonial One, at least), so this thread is now a collection of BSG ships and I've updated the OP :)  The new ship is in the OP, check it out!

Edited by CaptainKorhonen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.