[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

Most Jupiter/saturn moons are small asteroids orbiting around so, they could be (maybe) added after asteroids belts comes out.

And remember: please don't ask about update ETA, development speed, et cetera - this talk is futile (Anyway, is worth waiting, if you want good quality product) and only increase tension inside community. So stay calm and carry on :wink:.

No worries, I don't care about the ETA, I completely thrust Squad on this. I was only asking if it's something the devs had in mind for later on, since them seem to copy loosely our own solar system. But it makes plenty of sense to wait for asteroids to fill in the smaller moons. :)

I have recently created the current smallest object in the solar system, a potato-like moon with only 0.005g at the surface.

Here's me performing a sick jump with one of Tosh's rovers:

uvbfL.jpg

It looks like it's celebrating!

Okay, because nobody can seem to get it 100% right...

In this update:

Lava Planet

Eve

-Tiny captured asteroid moon

Kerbin

-Mun

-Minmus

Desert Planet

-Large moon

Gas Planet 1

-Ocean moon

-Ice moon

-Rocky moon

-Bop, small rocky moon

In future updates:

Asteroid belt

Gas Planet 2

-Rings

-Ringed moon

Gas Planet 3

-?

Tiny Ice Planet

-Tiny Ice Moon

Gas Planet 4

-?

Any chance that you're setting up orbits so that some sort of grand tour is possible with some regularity?

Possible lay-out of Kerbol System, moons excluded (this picture presents my personal vision and not that of Squad ... !)

23m3pc5.jpg

I think there should be a rocky planet beyond the gas giant for a bit of variety instead of RP, RP, RP, GG

Edited by UKDan89

I think there should be a rocky planet beyond the gas giant for a bit of variety instead of RP, RP, RP, GG

4 Rocky planets, then gas giant. Consider it a parody of our solar system.

Okay, because nobody can seem to get it 100% right...

In this update:

Lava Planet

Eve

-Tiny captured asteroid moon

Kerbin

-Mun

-Minmus

Desert Planet

-Large moon

Gas Planet 1

-Ocean moon

-Ice moon

-Rocky moon

-Bop, small rocky moon

In future updates:

Asteroid belt

Gas Planet 2

-Rings

-Ringed moon

Gas Planet 3

-?

Tiny Ice Planet

-Tiny Ice Moon

Gas Planet 4

-?

That sound awesome! If everything's not set in stone I'd love to see a moon with a moon. The parent moon would probably have to be far away form the planet. It would also be a fun challenge to try to land on the lesser moon.

That sound awesome! If everything's not set in stone I'd love to see a moon with a moon. The parent moon would probably have to be far away form the planet. It would also be a fun challenge to try to land on the lesser moon.

There is already going to be a very tiny moon that you can try this on that I am going to have a heck of a time landing on

How do you get things to rotate like that. I keep seeing people with rockets tilted out a bit but I cant figure out how to do it and I have been playing this for over a year now...

How do you get things to rotate like that. I keep seeing people with rockets tilted out a bit but I cant figure out how to do it and I have been playing this for over a year now...

Hold shift and then rotate your parts

You can press SHIFT+[w, a, s, d, q, or e] to rotate parts.

You can press SHIFT+[w, a, s, d, q, or e] to rotate parts.

Wow, that is going to really change everything.... uhhhhhggg so many rockets to redesign.

Thanks for the info semininja. I owe you one.

Hey, any time. There were a few features that I didn't hear about until a couple releases after they were implemented. Actually, there was a hidden feature that Harv had to tell everyone about because people suggested it after it had been put in: the throttle cutoff (x key). That part rotation thing was only added recently, either in 0.15 or 0.16.

Well, there are no rings in .17 and there is no guarantee the rest of the planets will go in with .18. This might give them enough time to modify the engine for other types of damage before putting the rings in. The rings could easily be 6-12 months out. (hopefully sooner)