Identifying a plugin for Module Manager

Module Manager can identify a plugin .dll from a name compiled in the code.

According to the docs, the name can be read if you have Windows by checking the Properties using Explorer. I quote the documentation below. The second option will suffice for my needs, but using the "assembly name" for the .dll seems a little less prone to getting messed up.

I don't have Windows. Any suggestions for Linux (or, I suppose, Mac users)

The stuff within the needs section is based on either:

A plugin .dll with the same assembly name.
A subdirectory name under GameData. (Names with spaces can be used, just remove the spaces: GameData/My Mod/ => :NEEDS[MyMod]
A FOR[Blah] defined would allow NEEDS[Blah]
As this uses the assembly name (which is compiled into the DLL) so you'd always get ModuleManager even if you rename the dll. It's usually going to be the same as the DLL name but it's not always. If you find the DLL in exporer, go to the properties right-click menu, and look in the Details tab the name is there under File Description.

I doubt I am ever going to write a plugin myself, but it would make sense to have this assembly name in any documentation

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.