So today I found a cool mod by the name of RSS Planets and Moons, a mod that adds new planets and moons to RSS, and I really wanted to play it. I saw that you needed KSP 1.0.5 for the mod to work. So I thought that it would be no problem. So I went to Steam, pulled up the Properties window for KSP, went to Betas, and selected 1.0.5. Easy. But when I went back to my Steam library, instead of seeing "Kerbal Space Program - [previous 1.0.5]", I saw "Kerbal Space Program - [previous]". I didn't really care about it so I got RSS and the RSS extension into my GameData folder and started the game. The game told me it was updating so I waited until it was done. Then, I clicked "KSP (64 Bit version)", and started the game. What I saw on the title screen wasn't Earth like it should of been, It was still Kerbin. I thought that was weird so I checked the version of the game. it said that I was on 1.3.1 even though I updated to 1.0.5. So I thought that it was because of the fact that I was using the 64 bit version so I exited the game, and start the normal version. The game was loading normally up until it stopped at Squad/Parts/Aero/fairings/fairingSize1/fairingSize1. It's not frozen because the yellow sentences (I don't know what they are called), were still changing to different puns and references to the game. It's still loading as I am typing this. Please help! :(

I would advise deleting everything in your "...Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program" folder before you make the change to the previous version.

If the problem still persists check if you have the proper version of the Real Solar System since it's an expansion pack to that mod and Realism Overhaul which all have their other dependencies all documented on their own forum threads.

If you install after you've been already using the mentioned mods there is a note on the original forum thread of the RSS Planets and Moons thread saying:

On 7/19/2015 at 12:40 AM, pozine said:

PLEASE READ : You HAVE to install RSS 10.4.1 and delete the Kopernicus cache BEFORE you try this mod. You only have to do it once.

4 minutes ago, Ratchet Hundreda said:

I would advise deleting everything in your "...Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program" folder before you make the change to the previous version.

If the problem still persists check if you have the proper version of the Real Solar System since it's an expansion pack to that mod and Realism Overhaul which all have their other dependencies all documented on their own forum threads.

If you install after you've been already using the mentioned mods there is a note on the original forum thread of the RSS Planets and Moons thread saying:

I will try out what you have suggested soon, but I did see that you included the part in the forum post for RSS PM which reminded me that I completely forgot to add the fact that I did everything that the instructions for both mods told me to do, even the part where I have to clear out the Kopernicus cache. I will be back with the results shortly. Thanks in advance!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.