Xbox One EE: Loss of control of spacecraft in orbit

Anyone experience loss of craft control in the Xbox One Enhanced Edition?  I have launched a pretty simple rocket (Twin-Boar engine, fuel tank, decoupler, Skipper engine, fuel tank, decoupler, MK1 control pod, heat shield, parachutes) into orbit around Kerbin.   While checking out the Kerbal cockpit view, reviewing controls via the Manual app, and browsing through Kerbin planet info, contract info, etc, I have now lost control of my rocket orbiting Kerbin.  Some things I have tried:

• I am not time warped.  I am currently in 1x time mode, and have warped forward and put back to 1x mode.....no change in control ability.
  • I have not run out of electric power.  More than 40 of the default 50 electric charge remains.
  • I have fuel remaining for my engines.
  • Checked engines to ensure  somehow engine was not shutdown.
  • I have tried clicking on the MK1 Command module, and choosing Control From Here to make sure I didn't accidentally select a part or set control somewhere else.....no change in control ability.
  • I have gone into the Settings menu and switched from Cursor to Radial, saved.....no change.  Set back to Cursor.....no change.
  • I have ensured I have pushed in Left Stick to make the cursor go away while attempting to control the craft.
  • My vessel has Jebediah at the helm, so it is not a probe.  The vessel is also close enough to Kerbin that it would not be out of range of communications.

I cannot press B to turn SAS on/off, however, if I go to the NavBall, I can manually click SAS on/off with the cursor.  The D-pad does not respond to any controls to either throttle up or down individually, or go to 100% using LB plus d-pad up.  The needle for the throttle control never moves.  If I press A to attempt to invoke the next stage, a decoupler, nothing happens.

As a user of the previous Xbox One version of the game, as well as a user of the PC version of the game for the last several months, I've never run into a situation like this before and tried everything I could think of that would possibly prevent control of the craft.  I'm stumped.

3 minutes ago, djr5899 said:

Anyone experience loss of craft control in the Xbox One Enhanced Edition?  I have launched a pretty simple rocket (Twin-Boar engine, fuel tank, decoupler, Skipper engine, fuel tank, decoupler, MK1 control pod, heat shield, parachutes) into orbit around Kerbin.   While checking out the Kerbal cockpit view, reviewing controls via the Manual app, and browsing through Kerbin planet info, contract info, etc, I have now lost control of my rocket orbiting Kerbin.  Some things I have tried:

• I am not time warped.  I am currently in 1x time mode, and have warped forward and put back to 1x mode.....no change in control ability.
  • I have not run out of electric power.  More than 40 of the default 50 electric charge remains.
  • I have tried clicking on the MK1 Command module, and choosing Control From Here to make sure I didn't accidentally select a part or set control somewhere else.....no change in control ability.
  • I have gone into the Settings menu and switched from Cursor to Radial, saved.....no change.  Set back to Cursor.....no change.
  • I have ensured I have pushed in Left Stick to make the cursor go away while attempting to control the craft.
  • My vessel has Jebediah at the helm, so it is not a probe.  The vessel is also close enough to Kerbin that it would not be out of range of communications.

I cannot press B to turn SAS on/off, however, if I go to the NavBall, I can manually click SAS on/off with the cursor.  The D-pad does not respond to any controls to either throttle up or down individually, or go to 100% using LB plus d-pad up.  The needle for the throttle control never moves.  If I press A to attempt to invoke the next stage, a decoupler, nothing happens.

As a user of the previous Xbox One version of the game, as well as a user of the PC version of the game for the last several months, I've never run into a situation like this before and tried everything I could think of that would possibly prevent control of the craft.  I'm stumped.

I didn't want to revert my game.  A few minutes after posting, I decided to take a chance going back to Space Center, then go to Tracking Station to get back to my vessel.  I now have control of the vessel.  Still very odd, that some sequence of menus caused a lockup of controlling the rocket.

I had an issue on the PS4 where i was in time warp and brought it back to x1 but didn't exit time warp before trying to control my craft. I ended up in the upper menu bar and took a minute to figure it out. The controls are taking some time to get used to again and require an extra step in most cases to get back to where you want. Not saying there might not still be a bug but most of my control bugs so far have been self caused due to old habits. 

Yeah I've had this issue. When in flight I like to keep my fuel tab open,which works fine until you hit the stage view button. It then locks out my controls as the little boxes are highlighted and moving left analogue  stick just moves between liquid fuel and oxidizer check boxes.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon 

16 hours ago, djr5899 said:

I didn't want to revert my game.  A few minutes after posting, I decided to take a chance going back to Space Center, then go to Tracking Station to get back to my vessel.  I now have control of the vessel.  Still very odd, that some sequence of menus caused a lockup of controlling the rocket.

That sounds like you have set your Vessel in "Precision Mode".

LB + L3 ( left stick click )

The Control Arrows on the bottom left screen are now blue, rather then Orange.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.