Decoupler Animation

No, the video I saw had the mods listed in the description. It was Bluedog Design Bureau (Apollo parts) -Planet shine -Distant Object Enhancement -EVE -Stock Visual Enhancements -scatterer -Reentry Particle Effect -Real Plume -Hyper Edit (for filming purpose) -Mech Jeb (for filming purpose) -RealChute -Docking Port Alignment Indicator.

Could it be mechjeb doing the job?

well, without a look at the video I have no idea of how it was done (to be honest, not exactly sure what was done)

In any case MJ don't add decouplers or change decoupler functioning. I don't know about BDB but all the other listed mods don't add/change decouplers.

You mean an interstage fairing with some ullage rockets that get's decoupled?
It's basicly an extra part. SSTU also has to interstages. 
The first decoupling node is on the bottom of the part, the second on the top. 

Edited by DrLicor

No, I mean there is a stack decoupler attached to the S-IC stage that decouples first, so the 1st stage falls away with the S-II interstage skirt still on. Then the ullage rockets that are attached to the skirt fire with the 5 J-2 engines a second later. Then the whole skirt falls off a moment later.

Edited by JEB'S DESTINY

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.