Adding Docking Part to Multihub Connector in Orbit

Hey guys, 

I'm sorry if this was asked before but I'm just losing my mind.

I recently started building my space station, it has living quarters and a science module, connected by a Rockomax Multihub connector. 

My problem is, because of the idiot that I am, I forgot to add docking parts to the remainder of the ports of the Multihub connector. My question is, is there any way that I can attach a docking port to the remaining ports of the Multihub connector?

Or do I just destroy that space station and build another one? Thanks

welcome.

57 minutes ago, FlyingDutchman_ said:

So can't do one thing with the vanilla version of the game huh? That sucks :/ 

Fixed that for you. You will discover more things you cannot do with the vanilla game while many more will be possible.

As matter of fact many mods are intended to limit the options even further, and many more just make cosmetic changes. KSP was developed with modding in mind, so each player can customize it to his likings. (even keeping it stock as many players do)

Take your time to discover what you want to change then look at the add-ons subforum  for the tools available.

You can't attach a docking port directly to the multihub with vanilla, no. But in vanilla, fixing broken ships in space is what the Klaw is for. So you build a thing with a Klaw on one end, and docking ports on the other, and use the klaw to grab a convenient spot on the multihub. So then you have docking ports available. It's not elegant, but some players think it's more "fair" than destroying the space station and starting over.

6 hours ago, FlyingDutchman_ said:

Wow thanks for the info. So can't do anything with the vanilla version of the game huh? That sucks :/ 

Save-games are just text files. It's possible to edit a replacement into the same orbit, for example.

5 hours ago, FlyingDutchman_ said:

So you're saying I can open my save text file and find the station and edit its contents to add docking ports? Wow that is amazing

You can, yes. It's really easy to mess up, though. My own suggestion would be to nab HyperEdit and use that to insert your fixed version into the orbit your old station had.

5 hours ago, FlyingDutchman_ said:

So you're saying I can open my save text file and find the station and edit its contents to add docking ports? Wow that is amazing

Or you could use Ship Save Splicer:

copy the station, edit it in the VAB (or SPH) and replace the older version.

3 minutes ago, foamyesque said:

You can, yes. It's really easy to mess up, though. My own suggestion would be to nab HyperEdit and use that to insert your fixed version into the orbit your old station had.

Mind you, HE is not necessary for placing it on orbit, debug menu(MOD+F12 to access)  present us with rendezvous functionality. But is handy for removing the station being replaced.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.