My KSP 2.0 wishlist

1. Vulkan graphics.

2. Voxel planets/space things (see Space Engineers)

3. a multiplayer mechanic, possibly a wormhole or something to visit other players... 

4. The game is mostly a platform for mods, improve how mods are loaded and give the player more tools for managing and taming excessively huge modpacks. %P 

5. Wind tunnels / FAR integration. 

6. Electronics lab where the player manufactures a control module SHENZEN I/O style and can install it on his rocket. 

7. Ship systems where wiring/plumbing/ducting is a thing. 

8. More starsystems, ability to manage planet packs stock side, just had to reset my career save because Kopernicus wasn't working and I had to remove my planet packs. =\ Spore (2008) had a whole galaxy with many interesting anomalies and stuff. 

9. more tools to do engineering stuff...

10. Ability to control (not just view) kerbals IVA and have a much more interactive IVA environment.

11. Integrate KIS/KAS

12. A framework for colonization/expanding the kerbal civilization.

13. Terraforming. -- yes it would be a mega-project play-wise but people would do it! 

14. More traces of kerbal civilization on Kerbin. 

15. Clouds/weather on all atmo planets.

16. Ability to assemble more futuristic ships/starships 

17. More improvements to vectorization/multithreading/GPU physics

18. Fix time-warp bugs... Joints should not stretch/compress under time warp... 

19. Hidden default part that is inserted into any craft that is missing mods so that it can be loaded and salvaged safely. 

Edited by AlonzoTG

1. True multithreading. All your 4-8 CPU cores should calculate current craft physics.
  2. Integrated ModuleManager.
  3. Integrated CKAN or NexusModManager.
  4. Integrated Editor Extensions.
  5. Realistic life support system. Maybe something like Kerbalizm. Will give a reason for complex multi-habitable-parts designs.
  6. Realistic resources system. (No more combustible "Ore", hunt for water (hydrogen) or noble gazes, produce your own methane for both chemical and atomic engines...).
  7. Logical and sane TechTree with manless start OR a handy ingame instrument to make your own.
  8. Integrated RCSBuildAid.
  9. Procedural and switcheable parts (stock module to make those).
  10. Procedural planets (will have  MUCH smoother terrain with better textures). More of them also, maybe even other star systems.
  11. More (MUCH MORE) reasons for sustaining an orbital station of sending a rover (corresponding science experiments and contracts).
  12. Propellers (stock module to make those).
  13. Inflatables (stock module to make those).
  14. Nodes, moving along with animation (Yay! Robotics!)
  15. Integrated KIS (KAS is pretty much useless) and more maintenance/repairing activities for engineers.
  16. Unity shaders. Also some Unity weather system maybe.
  17. Optional means of automation - either KOS-style (with examples library) or MechJeb-style. Haters should be able to turn those off.
  18. Optional N-body physics (Lagrange points are tricky but cool). Will work perfect with True Multithreading.
  19. ISRU manufacturing system (integrated ELP with USI MKS resources). 
  20. Some way to automate logistics for ISRU MS.

P.S. Voxel planets are a very BAD idea. Any digging will bloat you savegame files to ridiculous size and drop load speed dramatically.

Edited by Dr. Jet

2 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:
  1. True multithreading. All your 4-8 CPU cores should calculate current craft physics.
  2. Integrated ModuleManager.

Hmm, module manager seems to work fine as is, just make sure that nothing in the new version interferes with it. Also, it's good to have this type of thing be community because it's easier to extend and refine it where if it were adopted, it would become calcified...

1. Integrated CKAN or NexusModManager.

I don't use either, this is kindof a meta-level issue that isn't really a part of the game itself. 

1. Integrated Editor Extensions.

Yeah, I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't do N-way symmetry... 

1. Realistic life support system. Maybe something like Kerbalizm. Will give a reason for complex multi-habitable-parts designs.
  2. Realistic resources system. (No more combustible "Ore", hunt for water (hydrogen) or noble gazes, produce your own methane for both chemical and atomic engines...).
  3. Logical and sane TechTree with manless start OR a handy ingame instrument to make your own.
  4. Integrated RCSBuildAid.
  5. Procedural and switcheable parts (stock module to make those).

Yeah, my modpack has at least three distinct part type switchers in it, that worries me. =\ I should make a project and see if I can combine some of those... 

1. Procedural planets (will have  MUCH smoother terrain with better textures). More of them also, maybe even other star systems.

Technically speaking, Minmus is procedurally generated but the point holds... 

1. More (MUCH MORE) reasons for sustaining an orbital station of sending a rover (corresponding science experiments and contracts).

I have two station mods right now, Station Science and Station Parts Extension Redux (which is 453 mb!!!)... 

1. Propellers (stock module to make those).

Right now I have Firespitter, some remnants of SXT and the WildBlueIndustries pioneer colonization pack which has a hidden set of tilt-rotor engines in it... 

I would vote in favor of firespitter integration because it is used by many mods. 

1. Inflatables (stock module to make those).

WildBlueIndustries has a set of inflatable habs, also several of the Umbra Space Industries mods include inflatable parts, Station Parts Expansion Redux too... 

1. Nodes, moving along with animation (Yay! Robotics!)

Robotics: Agreed.

1. Integrated KIS (KAS is pretty much useless) and more maintenance/repairing activities for engineers.
  2. Unity shaders. Also some Unity weather system maybe.
  3. Optional means of automation - either KOS-style (with examples library) or MechJeb-style. Haters should be able to turn those off.
  4. Optional N-body physics (Lagrange points are tricky but cool). Will work perfect with True Multithreading.
  5. ISRU manufacturing system (integrated ELP with USI MKS resources). 

Bleh, USI is a major headache, gave up in disgust... 

1. Some way to automate logistics for ISRU MS.

There are some "planetary logistics" systems out there that let you split up bases so they aren't so kraken-prone, haven't tried to use them yet. USI and Wild Blue have them...

15 hours ago, AlonzoTG said:

WildBlueIndustries has a set of inflatable habs, also several of the Umbra Space Industries mods include inflatable parts, Station Parts Expansion Redux too... 

Yes, but what I want is robust STOCK mechanic to change part parameters according to animation state. Deflated parts obviously has less volume and less or even zero crew capacity. For now it can be done (in reverse) with some engines, but not with regular parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.