Sign in to follow this  
SlimeOfSteel

Engine Fairing displaying on preview - but I don't want that.

You know how when you place a decoupler on the bottom of an engine, a fairing shows up around it? Well, as the title says, an engine in a mod I'm making shows the engine fairing in the preview. When I use the part without a decoupler, the engine displays like I want it to. How do I hide the faring in the preview?

P.S. Should I just say what my mod is about? I was planing to keep it a secret so it could be more of a surprise. However, if it's a hindrance to keep it a secret, I can say what the mod is about.

You need to apply the "Icon_Hidden" tag to the fairing-mesh(s). In unity select the mesh you want to hide in the preview. In the Inspector panel at the top is a field "Tag   Untagged", expand it. If you haven't used this tag before it will propably not appear straight away (if it does, select it and you're done). Hit "Add Tag" and enter "Icon_Hidden" at one of the tags (you may have to add a new tag with the small + first). Afterwards select the mesh you want to hide again and make sure the Inspector says "Tag   Icon_Hidden".

Here you can find a list of all tags and layers for KSP:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

You need to apply the "Icon_Hidden" tag to the fairing-mesh(s). In unity select the mesh you want to hide in the preview. In the Inspector panel at the top is a field "Tag   Untagged", expand it. If you haven't used this tag before it will propably not appear straight away (if it does, select it and you're done). Hit "Add Tag" and enter "Icon_Hidden" at one of the tags (you may have to add a new tag with the small + first). Afterwards select the mesh you want to hide again and make sure the Inspector says "Tag   Icon_Hidden".

Here you can find a list of all tags and layers for KSP:

Thanks Man.