Orbit Kerbal Mission

Just started playing the game a few days ago and having lots of fun but... I can't seem to complete the Orbit Kerbal mission.  I have been launching rockets for the last 6 hours and finally got a stable orbit. Closest approach was 82k M and farthest was about 102k M, but it didnt count it. When I re entered and recovered my ship I got Science for recovering a ship that had done an orbit but this mission is still active.

I would love any advice you guys could give

Some users are seeing this problem, but we can't reproduce it. So: some questions.

Are you running a pure stock game? Do you have a savegame from just before you launched this ship that made it to orbit? Can you save and post your error logfiles?

In your settings, do you have the Advanced Messaging App turned on or off?

Did you do anything special during this launch? Quicksave and quickload during the flight? Revert to launch many times? Something different from just "Put rocket on pad, Launch to orbit."

Running a new pure stock game no mods and do not have the expansion

No save game before launch.

No idea where to find the error logfile (somewhere in steam I assume)

Advance messaging is on

and yeah reverted back to launch an uncounted number of times (spend half a day trying to get a ship into an orbit that would count) but actually got several rockets into an orbit of some sort, heck one had a Crazy orbit of 112K M by like 370k M but I never verified if they were stable. until the last one.

3 minutes ago, Reusables said:

Unlike reality, you can't orbit a kerbal in this game. Even if it's a very fat one, like 10^21 metric ton fat.

It Just doesn't have n-body physics implemented.

Yeah yeah, Kerbin. Go back to WoW Trade chat :)

4 minutes ago, dangerhamster said:

If you keep the contact tab up on the right side open you can check that all the contract requirements are being ticked off.

Correct but this mission simply says orbit Kerbin. with a +note accelerate parallel to surface (blah blah etc etc) and from what I read elsewhere over 70km. I did all this and the 1 requirement never ticked off. From what Bewing said it appears to be a hard to repeat known bug. I simply found the console command to complete that mission and moved on.

Thanks for the info.

For future reference, your KSP.log file is in your main game directory.

If you are on WIndows, there is also an output_log.txt file in c:Users/you/AppData/Locallow/Squad/Kerbal Space Program

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.