Propellers, need some help

Hey,

Recently ive been trying to make propeller planes using only electric charge.
watched a lot of videos explaining the method in order to build those.

now ive made one and basically, whenever i detach the engine part from the plane itself, it just sits there, it can move but i can't get it to rotate.
I tried alt E / alt Q and other combinations.
anyone got a helpful suggestion? everything is appreciated!

(running the latest 1.4 KSP with no mods)

Please provide these 2:

1. The image of the propeller vehicle

2. The type of propeller you used

These information is necessary to diagnose the problem.

IF you are using fairing-based propellers, you shouldn't undo anything because it will break the fairing. You need to rebuild it to fix it.

Its a fairing based propeller.

basically when I launch it (and i tried it with other propellers too, like the Comet Mk3 from "Squiddy" on youtube) and i press Alt + E, i can see the Roll meter go up in the bottom left corner.
When i then decouple the engine it spins rapidly and my plane and the propellers move sort of like they should.

But when i decouple first and then press Alt + E, nothing happens.
it kind of feels like a fault with some of the settings, since i have the same exact problem with propeller planes from other people.

After you decouple, the airplane and propeller/engine are two different craft.  Press [ or ] to switch focus to the "craft" that is the propeller engine, then use Alt + E to set your roll trim, which acts as the throttle for the engine.  Then press the opposite bracket key to switch back to your airplane proper to fly.  You have to do this every time you want to change the throttle setting -- and once for each engine if you have a multi-prop craft.

4 hours ago, KanaXai said:

Aaah guess i missed that part. tried it and worked like a charm. thanks for helping me with this rather noobish question ^^!!

You're very welcome.  I've never built or flown a propeller; the only reason I knew to suggest that was because I watched a video recently on how they're built.  All the ones that use reaction wheels for power will have the same issue.  Turboprops (which use a jet engine blowing against the rotating part to push it around, but still have the same rotation mechanism) require changing craft only if you need to adjust the pitch (if the propeller is made from a movable surface like an elevon, this is possible, but not recommended for reaction wheel propellers because you'll be changing both power and pitch with the same control).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.