Can you recommend my good aviation (flight) simulator where i can declare MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY via ATC :-)

Pawelk198604

I have Flight Sim World, MFS X, and tried X Plane but returned to steam 

Flight Simulator have only VFR flight MFSX is good but old, and i nether simulator we can declare MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY  even if we had total engine failure :( 

40 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

What do they say?

"... Declaring emergency".

The only time they'd call "mayday" is when death is seconds away. Another is "pan".

EDIT :

Alright, it seems things are slightly more than what I thought.

http://code7700.com/emergency.htm

It is true that if you only have the slightest of problems such declaration might not be really necessary; on the other hand, I'm reminded of what happens when you don't properly call out to others when wrong things are happening.

So yeah, these words are actually a very powerful tool. It's like that "abort" button on your rocket in KSP (or real life TBH).

But as one infamous quote says : "With great power, comes great responsibility".

Edited by YNM

1 hour ago, munlander1 said:

What do they say?

The 3 rules for a pilot are:

• Aviate: Keep the plane flying (or landing).
  • Navigate: Know where you are, figure out where you're going.
  • Communicate: First with your co-pilot and crew.

Note that Communicate comes last, and even then, the priority is to communicate with those who are able to actually help you Aviate and Navigate.

In an emergency, a pilot should concentrate on the flying. You only communicate when you have the plane under control and you know where you are.

Once you have time to actually Communicate, the last thing you want to do is to scream "MAYDAY" over the radio. That serves absolutely zero purpose. It's much more useful to calmly state your emergency, your cockpit readings, and your position.

Edited by Nibb31

13 minutes ago, Nibb31 said:

That serves absolutely zero purpose.

If you're out of fuel somewhere low and far, maybe. If you're out of fuel high and close, might be a good one.

Look up this accident. Aviate, sure, but to no avail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesia_AirAsia_Flight_8501

Would have been better if they had communicated the anomalies out and down.

Edited by YNM

1 hour ago, YNM said:

If you're out of fuel somewhere low and far, maybe. If you're out of fuel high and close, might be a good one.

Look up this accident. Aviate, sure, but to no avail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesia_AirAsia_Flight_8501

Looks like that accident was mostly due to not aviating (the co-pilot disconnecting a vital system and not realizing the consequences) and then miscommunication between the crew. Yelling "MAYDAY" over the radio would have served no purpose.

1 hour ago, YNM said:

Would have been better if they had communicated the anomalies out and down.

As opposed to yelling "MAYDAY", which was my point. No distress signal was sent, because the crew was probably busy trying to recover from the stall.

6 minutes ago, Nibb31 said:

Looks like that accident was mostly due to not aviating

Given the loose soldering, it's questionable if at the time it really was airworthy.

14 hours ago, Nibb31 said:

Pilots never say MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY over the radio.

They might not, but there is official voice procedure in various countries which describes how and when a mayday call should be made.

Edited by p1t1o

24 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

there is official voice procedure in various countries

Actually, it's by ICAO. (or FAA in the US.)

http://flightservicebureau.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/ICAO-Doc4444-Pans-Atm-16thEdition-2016-OPSGROUP.pdf

That is by ICAO for ATS (ATC), but you can see some things mentioned in it that's relevant from pilot perspective.

EDIT : Emergencies in Ch. 15.

Edited by YNM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.