the plan

ok, so i got this station here the plan was to take the skycrane section(to the right after the SRB) and drop the orange tank off on the surface.

now theirs been a change of plans, i dont really need a fuel tank on the surface ATM but i need to get the skycrane down their to help with construction. so i want to keep the orange tank attached to the station, im brainstorming a few ideas, well i only came up with one actually.

take one of my engineers and move the four RCS thrusters and rcs tanks(above the science module) down to the orange tank, decouple the orange tank and readock it perpendicular to the station on one of the docking ports. then remove the engine cluster and reaction wheel and terminate them(the ones on the orange tank.

any advice? better suggestions?(using KIS/KAS btw)

2qB5xmw.png

Edited by putnamto

I'd probably undock the skycrane, undock the orange tank, and grab the orange tank with one of those klaws on the skycrane.

Use RCS  to push the orange tank over near the docking port on the station. Then use the station's RCS and reaction wheels to dock it to the orange tank's docking port.

1 hour ago, bewing said:

I'd probably undock the skycrane, undock the orange tank, and grab the orange tank with one of those klaws on the skycrane.

Use RCS  to push the orange tank over near the docking port on the station. Then use the station's RCS and reaction wheels to dock it to the orange tank's docking port.

im an idiot, ive already moved the rcs ports, and im getting ready to move an rcs tank.

ill try your solution if i fail though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.