Custom Time Warp Values

Thygrrr

I know of Better Time Warp, though it seems irregularly maintained and also it messes with the physics. That makes it a potentially bad fit for mods like Luna Multiplayer.

I am looking (or considering making) the simplest possible mod to customize time warps (I prefer to have something between 100x and 1000x, in particular).

Does this exist? Any pointers / abandoned projects I could take over?

Better Time Warp Continued is managed by LGG, which is about as dependable as you can get for mod maintenance. I'm not sure what you mean about it "mess{ing} with the physics" though? If you're referring to the potential issues that accompany increasing the speed of time in Physics Timewarp, that's due to limits of the game engine.

As you appear to be suggesting only adding an intermediary step on the physicsless timewarp scale, you shouldn't notice any issues with Better Time Warp. I'd suggest you try it out first, before trying to re-invent the booster ;) If you still think you need something different, there's two (abandoned?) alternatives mentioned in the first post of the thread:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, anything that eases in / out physics, etc. is potentially a big problem when you use mods like Lunamultiplayer (which I am currently helping test)

So JUST configuring warp values in a straightforward, robust way would be a huge boon.

I found another warp mod (Time Control) that is much more robust than BetterTimeWarp, but also has its own idiosyncracies that make it undesirable (e.g. a very confusing UI, and its core feature is actually not someting I care about).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.