BRASSA 10G (mis)Adventures

BRAAAP_STUTUTU

Decided to finally get around to doing a MR series on my playthroughs!

The first series will be about my newly started, heavily modded (nearing 10 gigabytes of pure system torture), Permadeath SnacksLS playthrough with 10% science gain and reduced funds and reputation gains

Anyway, if you have any feedback, i'd greatly appreciate it! (Will start tomorrow)

Edited by BRAAAP_STUTUTU

Prologue: The year is 1955, The Kold War has ended.  after the uprising following the death of Joseph Kermin, leader of the Kerbals Union Of Kommunist States two years prior. The entente started by the newly demokratically elected chairman Boris Kermanov has lead to global peace on Kerbin. The Entente policy has created an interest in a global collaboration between all nations, leading to many scientific programs being propped up. This has lead to the creation of the International Kerbal Aerospace Program, a program for scientific discovery, pushing the boundaries of exploration and achieving ever more spectacular goals. Unfortunately a lack of proper funding has lead to rather dire decisions due to budget constraints, causing the programme to build rather basic facilities to avoid having no budget left over for the space programme itself. Even then, the amount of funds left over for the programme is frighteningly sparse. The IKAP will have to find means to fund its programme, a long grind awaits...

Chapter 1:Local scenery

Edited by BRAAAP_STUTUTU

Episode 1: Basic beginnings

After a short briefing at the kerbonaut complex, Bill, Bob, Valentina and Jebediah have a little chit-chat before going to work.

LBnQWH9.png

"Well Jeb, seems like you're the first one to do any non-internal activities."

"Yeah well, I gotta test drive this here electric gocart with oversized boards they call the Kelko MSS and press some buttons on it to make it do science on its own. They said it should be easy enough to get on it with the external ladder but i'm not buyin' that."

''Good luck with that, the rest of us are gonna help out with some chores until we get an update from Gene about any missions, we'll meet then."

"Alright, see you guys soon!"

2DIwCRK.jpg

''Dangit, I knew that was gonna happen...'' Jeb proceeded to test drive and do the science-stuff upon finally getting on the Kelko, still quite sour about the whole ''falling of the ladder because its way too high up and stuff" thing. Shortly after one of the interns notified Jeb that Val and the rest were waiting for him at the Hangar.

lAFoAHI.png

"so you got tasked with flying the first manned glider? Aren't those boosters on it, aren't gliders supposed to be unpowered?" "Yeah, correct, they're little seperatron rockets which I was told weren't just "repurposed fireworks without the fireworks''. Thing is that it still counts as a glider if it isn't powered after taking off, hence the boosters." "Is that even safe though? Those seperatrons might be small but I've heard they pack quite a punch." "Eh, we'll see I guess..." "Good luck"

2C9fgL4.png

"Mission control, this is Hummy-1, can I get clear for takeoff?" "Just perform some last flight checks and we'll get you the all-clear Val.''

cWSmvWG.png

''What do y'all think?" ''I'm not sure Jeb, those boosters might be too powerfull" "Those barely have any fuel, can't be that bad right?"

IiIFATn.png

"Flight check's all done mission control, nothing unusual to report'' "Then you are clear for take-off, godspeed Val!"

1uFOq7S.png

FWOOOSH!!

….

…….BOOM!

Episode 2:Too close for comfort

After the series of explosions on the runway, an eerie silence hung around for a minute until...

"VAL?! VAL ARE YOU STILL THERE?!"

After a while some grunting was picked up on the radio

"euuurghhh.... Wh.. where am i?"

uQFViHK.png

"Val you're alive?"

"Urgh, i feel like im dead but i guess i'm stile alive"

The whole of KSC was relieved to hear Valentina alive and well.

1NZx203.png

''Wow Valentina, glad you managed to survive that, sure you're okay?"

"yeahhh, i'm fine, just a couple of bruises and a bit of a headache."

"Any idea what happened there? It was such a frightening sight! We're so glad you're still alive and kickin'!"

"Ahh thanks boys i wasn't gonna go yet, at least not this soon haha! But honestly, i don't know, it all happened so fast, one second i activate the boosters, the other i wake up on the ground amidst a pile of debris... I'd have to fly again to see what caused this whole mess"

"Does that mean you wanna fly again, like, this instant? The lads at the hangar came around to tell us they modified the Hummy a bit after seeing your spectacular crash, hopefully now it wont explode on takeoff eh?"

"Hmm, actually Jeb, that seems like a good idea, i'd at least wanna know what almost killed me there..."

"You're actually gonna do it? Now that's ballsy!"

"Sure why not, i'm half Krussian anyway, our people have seen worse. Regardless, i'll go ask for permission to fly this modified hummy now."

"Good luck Val!" "Wow,she was so level headed after such a catastrophe, like a BadS such as you Jeb."

"Damn right she is, those Krussians truly are a hardy bunch of kerbals aren't they?"

9zGrHCE.png

Valentina takes off in the modified Hummy (Hummy-2)

pB8CNfY.png

Fortunately, this time she manages to get off the ground without any explosions.

U3UmfTU.pngAnd she gracefully glides back to the ground...

xX0NP2H.pngand manages to land mostly intact...

Uz1cJCd.png

"Well guys, i think i found out what happened now..."

"Do tell."

"well, it seems like the landing gear is absolutely terrible for aircraft, and the first hummy collapsed and dove nose first into the dirt. Even this time it was pretty close to another catastrophe, but i managed to save it in the end."

"Hmm, seems like i'll inform the engineering department that any aircraft building is currently on hold until we manage to get a hold of more suitable landing gear for the job. Oh and we'll add remote unkerballed guidance to every plane from now on, so as not to risk anykerbals lives on test flights anymore."

"And i'll get the R&D to help our suppliers with researching new and improved landing gear, we clearly need to avoid this situation in the future."

"Thanks guys, Mortimer has gotten me a couple weeks off to recover properly, i'll still visit of course, but i won't be piloting anything for a while."

"Well you've definitely earned it Val, see you soon!"

"Bye guys!"

"Bye!"

Episode 3:Noisy Darts

After Valentina's accident and analysis, aircraft flights have been put on hold until better gear is available. In the meanwhile the IKAP was given the go-ahead for a sounding rocket program and part testing.

XtFMTmF.png

''Err, Bill, you know there is a small testing bunker literally like right next to the launchpad right?"

"Oh, ehh, yeah Gene. I totally knew, i just wanted to test this booster at like 5 meters away from it, yeah..."

"Ehh okay i guess, you do you Bill"

GyfcJQA.png

"Lawndart-1 Ready for launch, someone go prime the fuse with their lighter already! Where's that intern when you need him..."

''10-9-8-7-6-5-4-errr liftoff? Dangit i told you to light the fuse on 10 Derreck!"

Q6dskoq.pngZWOOSH, the lawndart-1 accellerates to ridiculous speeds in mere seconds!

NGo1R69.pngThe science payload on it's way back to the ground.

0RrUgwb.png

the Lawndart-2 series also known as the "why not stick another zoom tube below the other on?"

YPyUwxb.png

Lawndart-3 series, or the "Anotha One".

UUhoKBr.png

Lawndart-4's the "Moar Zoomtubes" edition.

CFmMzGV.png

On the 14th launch, the lawndart payload manages to reach space.

"Seems like we left the atmosphere lads, time to crack some kold ones with mechanics from the VAB, they could probably use some right now, and then we can.. OUAHH- get to sleep, finally"

Episode 4:  Bob's new ATV

After last night's marathon of zoomy cardboard tubes shooting straight up. Bob was requested by the SPH this morning to complete some training in a project the hangar mechs have been working on.

NCDGXIz.png

"Wonder what this project i'm supposed to train with is supposed to be, should be right around the corner."

GFvBePJ.png

"Well Bob, we've reworked the Kelko, now it's more aerodynamic and faster than ever. Ground clearance has been improved a lot thanks to the newer and bigger wheels. Should make for quite an exiting drive!"

Bob didn't hesitate to get on the thing.

czEnsNw.png

"Now this looks much cooler than the first Kelko did! And it wasn't even that hard to climb onto this time around, guess Jeb gave you hell for that the first time 'round didn't he?"

PkQdNgS.png"Not too difficult to re-calibrate this 'mystery goo' thing, rather ominous name though? What is it even supposed to be?" "Err, that's classified information Bob, and it's above my pay grade so i couldn't tell even if were allowed to..."

eDui0qc.png

"Well that's peculiar, the rads at the launchpad far exceed the nominal values! Did they test some kind of experimental nuclear rocket motors on this pad?" "Well, some kind of shady Kermarican ""government officials"" sold us the pad for next to nothing... I guess that could explain why."

kR2dyBq.png

"I think i took some especially nice shots of the VAB, i guess those will appear in the papers."

YuTXaYp.png

''Nothing intresting to report on the runway, not that you'd find anything intresting on a dug out dirt landing strip to begin with." "Well, we're getting subsidized to collect the data regardless so not that any of that really matters..."

8Jtsoqx.png

"Temperature at the launchpad is literally nominal, nothing special aout it. Any-who, anything else to do for my equipment training Gene?" "Yeah, the Krussians donated some prototype crew capsule that we'd like you to try and do a crew report from. Just attach it to the ATV and put it near the SPH. Hope you're not claustrophobic though..."

tfh40nN.png

"Welp, guess i'm gonna get in it now"

V6RkY6M.png

"Oh jeez, you weren't kidding about that claustrophobia thing Gene. This thing is absolutely tiny on the inside, and the window is barely any wider than the navball! Guess i'll take notes about it, that counts as a crew report right?" "Yeah, in this case pretty much, though in the future you'll have to report about your situation instead of the crew module. In any case, i think we're done here, move the Kelko and the pod back into the hangar." "Alright Gene, see you at mission control."

Episode 5Actual rocketry at last!

After reaching space with sounding rockets, the IKAP was given green light for actual rockets. While waiting for suppliers to start delivering parts Wernher Von Kerman had the governments bring us bits and bobs of his old wartime work. Stating "I couldn't just let these rot away, i'm glad that they are being used with peaceful intentions this time around" "The guys at the VAB got to work quickly and finished their first rocket while Bob was out doing his training and collecting government subsid-err, i mean "science"...

rc0RX9z.png

"Ehh,guys, why is the Fiddlestick-1 (ontop a modified K2 "Hans" rocket) on the runway? I remember clearly that i told you guys to put it on the launchpad... Oh well, it doesn't really matter anyway, just make sure you put it on the launchpad next time. Initiate the launch countdown."

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-igniton-3-2-1-aaand liftoff!

JYZE9wQ.png

"Well Wernher? What are your expectations?" "Ach, i zink it will go as planned, i've improved the K2 a bit since the war so it should be fine."

j2m4TI0.png

"Fiddlestick-1 is on course Gene, no issues have presented themselves yet" "That's good, if we get this right the first try that'll save a chunk of our budget."

9EIjI7j.png

"It appears the Fiddlestick-1 is about to enter space! Thrust cutoff and coast in about 3 seconds."

IRy0gPo.png

"If the readings are correct, Fiddlestick-1 has just entered space and is now coasting to a final kick from the "Hans""

Yst9Jq1.png

"Kick burn appears succesfull, staging will commence shortly, let's hope it works out as planned..."

gvOklyI.png

"Fairing seperation completed."

bziLhsU.png

"Staging successful!"

dJ9JVXz.png

"Fiddlestick-1 is coasting towards it's final burn, let's strut our fingers and hope it all works out in the end."

hheV2qY.png

"Circularization burn is a go, everything seems to be working out today!"

R7R5bh4.png

Bip.....Bip......Bip.....

"it appears that Fiddlestick-1 is on a low orbital trajectory! We've done it lads!"

eqxebP7.png

"...Okay guys, Fiddlestick-1's automated instruments are sending us some data... Huh, interesting! It appears they've picked up zones of radiation around Kerbin, seems like Van Kerbin was right after all!"

Edited by BRAAAP_STUTUTU

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.