BDArmory File Editing Help

SYDWAD

If you watch some of SWDennis's videos you can see he likes to attach parts to his BDArmory missiles and guns. I am unable to do this so I'm trying to edit the part files of BDA so that i can do so. I've looked and i cant find any tags that would possibly apply to the ability to attach parts radially or not, if anyone can help me here that would be much appreciated. I believe the ability to do so would help with making crafts based on a real life equivalent.

I don't use that mod but took a quick look at one of the missiles and think your looking for 

attachRules = 1,1,0,0,1     and  make it look something like attachRules = 1,1,0,1,1
Attachment rules
attachRules defines how this part attaches to or allows attachments from other parts. Though documented in some part files, the documentation is minimalist and difficult to understand, so here's a little clean-up and expansion. 
// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,1,1,1,1
The rules correspond to the numbers below - 1 is allow, 0 is prevent. The tags are: 
stack - Can your part be stacked on others? 
SrfAttach - Can your part be placed onto a surface? 
allowStack - Will you allow other parts to be stacked on your part? 
allowSrfAttach Can other parts be placed on the surface of yours? 
allowCollision - A special one: Can your part be placed if part of it is intersecting another part? 

Note that you can also force parts attached to this part to attach in a specific symmetry. 
// symmetry rules: 0=1x, 1=2x, 2=3x, 3=4x and so on...
stackSymmetry = 3 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.