RO/RSS : Earth's equatorial radius 15928km??

Hi, 

I've been experiencing trouble to try and get to orbit in modded ksp with Realism Overhaul and Real Solar System (amongst 59 others) . I have tried with a rocket having around 10km/s of dv and I'm still far from LEO... I'm an experienced player with more than 1000h on basic ksp and I know it's harder this way but this is weird I thought... Indeed, my Earth has an equatorial radius of 15928km. I don't know how this is possible since I'd suppose it to be around 6378km? 

If someone can help then please... I found nothing about this problem on the internet. I am running ksp 1.3.1 64 bits on windows 10.

Thank you very much.

Earth's radius and installed mods

Edited by SpaceCurt

1 hour ago, Phineas Freak said:

What exactly is "(Almost) Real Solar System"? I am very sure that it has nothing to with normal RSS...

And the real RSS installed. Those two might be in conflict with each other.

From the ARSS release page: “The default setting is about 2.5x stock scale, while the atmospheric height and rotational period are the same“ 6378×2.5=15,945 which is awfully close to the quoted number...

Edited by Kerbart

Thanks for helping !

Okay I didn't understood what (Almost) Real Solar System was about upon installation. I am trying to get a simulation of a defined launcher's flight as precisely as possible for a school project and  I kind of put in all mods that seem to help my purpose on CKAN.

That must be it! 

I going to lauch the game without it to check... 

6 hours ago, SpaceCurt said:

Thanks for helping !

Okay I didn't understood what (Almost) Real Solar System was about upon installation. I am trying to get a simulation of a defined launcher's flight as precisely as possible for a school project and  I kind of put in all mods that seem to help my purpose on CKAN.

That must be it! 

I going to lauch the game without it to check... 

I think it's better to add a few mods at a time, and see if they do what you want to achieve. And to keep things manageable, less is usually easier :) You had for instance both MechJeb and Engineer. Either one of them should suffice, I think.

Kerbart :

It worked when i took ARSS off so that was the problem thx!

Yes i know that's what i usually do but this time i wanted a config that i could use fast so i tried different things hoping it would work and indeed until i saw this problem everything seemed ok. For MechJeb and Engineer it's because i am used to engineer so i wanted to keep it for the design of my rockets and i added Mechjeb for the ascent control feauture which is not included in KER (or is it?)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.