Visual Bug

EDIT: Apologies, I only just read the reporting guidelines and will endeavour to reformat this post accordingly. In the meantime, I hope it is okay that I leave my post as it stands below.

------------------------------------

Hello!

So, I have run into something of an annoying issue. Stock parts that turn invisible right after they're loaded into the VAB. Sometimes this is triggered by me clicking or activating stock parts while in the editor, other times it just happens by itself. I've recorded a brief video to visualize what happens, and I am just hoping to be pointed in the right direction by someone smarter than me or someone who has experienced similar issues? 

I suspect it is a conflict in the rendering or shading scripts, but as I say, I'm just posting here to get an idea of where and what I should be looking for in terms of fixing it.

I'm running a modded version of KSP 1.6.1.2401. Here's a link to a google drive folder that holds my list of mods and a recording of how the bug appears. I'd love to insert both directly into the post but I am not sure how (if it's at all possible) to upload directly into this post?

I hope someone can help me sort out the issue.

Edited by pseudamin

Welcome to the forum :)

37 minutes ago, pseudamin said:

EDIT: Apologies, I only just read the reporting guidelines and will endeavour to reformat this post accordingly. In the meantime, I hope it is okay that I leave my post as it stands below.

The format is not a big deal but we will need a log file. Since you've read the reporting guidelines, I assume you have read the part about the log file and where to find it as well?

38 minutes ago, pseudamin said:

I'd love to insert both directly into the post but I am not sure how (if it's at all possible) to upload directly into this post?

You cannot upload something to the forum. Uploading stuff into a cloud and share a link is totally fine but if you want to embed pictures or videos to your post, you need to upload it on a hosting service which provides a direct link to the picture or video (like youtube, imgur). Than pick the link and just copy&paste it into your post or use the 'insert other media' button in the lower right corner. There are also some tutorials available on this topic, for example this one:

Maybe also interesting for you is this post on the forum in general:

:)

22 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

The format is not a big deal but we will need a log file.

Thanks for the reply 4x4cheesecake.

I found a mention in the TextureReplacer thread, that describes an issue similar to mine. That, coupled with endless "NullReferenceException" errors in my log that mention TextureReplacer, makes me think that it may be an issue related to that mod. So I have disabled the mod from my setup with positive results and posted a query in that thread also. Seems to be an issue with Reflective surfaces on stock parts.

Here's an example of what my log says regarding TR, over and over again when I load up a craft file, either in the VAB or on the Launchpad.

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Renderer:get_enabled ()
  at TextureReplacer.Reflections+Script.Update (Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TextureReplacer.Reflections+Script.UpdateScripts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TextureReplacer.TRActivator+TRReflectionUpdater.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  

Edited by pseudamin

8 hours ago, pseudamin said:

I found a mention in the TextureReplacer thread, that describes an issue similar to mine. That, coupled with endless "NullReferenceException" errors in my log that mention TextureReplacer, makes me think that it may be an issue related to that mod. So I have disabled the mod from my setup with positive results and posted a query in that thread also. Seems to be an issue with Reflective surfaces on stock parts

I see.

Well, than there is nothing else do to for me but thanks for reporting back :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.