(stock 0.16) osprey VTOL series (WIP)

zapy97

i have created a basic osprey like craft that works well enough in game it is not perfect so there are problems like the nose rising alittle bit it is mostly stable without to much wobble. here is a screen shot...

poo0g.png

i will work on a download for those who want it as soon as i figure out how to make it downloadable please give me feed back and tell me what you thought of it. please keep in mind how it this is my first uploaded space plane and i have almost no clue how to do it thank you for reading this far

download for mk 2:[ATTACH=CONFIG]32251[/ATTACH]

download for mk 1:[ATTACH]32252[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32253[/ATTACH]

download for mk 3:[ATTACH]32274[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32275[/ATTACH]

download for MK4: on the last post

index for mk 1,2,3,4

mk1: single pilot miniature

mk2: triple pilot mid size

mk3: large experimental wingless attempt, or just huge

mk4:weaponized version of mk 2

CHANGELOG:

now that i have finished my osprey vtol series i will be turning my eyes towards alternate methods of liftoff to mun and minmus(something i have yet to do), maybe in the near future i will ad a large space gyro stabalized rocket like a helicopter my next project will be making weaponized versions of my ospreys

Edited by zapy97

I see Jeb was the first casualty. :P

oh he is on a camping trip to the moon, besides he is suffering post tramatic stress from testing the mk 1 which is a single pilot craft that i am working on improving it isn't as stable but it will come out soon.

yeah the developers need to allow for rotatable engine mounts i am probably going to be calling it quits for the night soon but i have been working on a single pilot version, and possibly wingless one tomarrow so i have a moderate to-do list for tomarrow not just these though frankly this is a heck of alot easier than making a helicopter, believe me i have tried

*snip*

i will work on a download for those who want it as soon as i figure out how to make it downloadable

I made a little guide to adding .craft files, go into edit your post, click go advanced, scroll down and you will see this:

8eH8b.png

Click on the circled box and select the file from you computer!

Nice job BTW, I never had any very successful VTOL's.

I made a little guide to adding .craft files, go into edit your post, click go advanced, scroll down and you will see this:

8eH8b.png

Click on the circled box and select the file from you computer!

Nice job BTW, I never had any very successful VTOL's.

thank you i will do that when i get up in the morning more vtols still to come also many thanks

Edited by zapy97

yeah the developers need to allow for rotatable engine mounts i am probably going to be calling it quits for the night soon but i have been working on a single pilot version, and possibly wingless one tomarrow so i have a moderate to-do list for tomarrow not just these though frankly this is a heck of alot easier than making a helicopter, believe me i have tried

it woudlnt be stock, but damned robotics has plenty of tools for rotating and tilting and such.

these VTOL s are bigger then mine and i realy like them but why so many parachutes on the top of it ?

btw why osprey VTOL ? becuas osprey VTOL s are RL vtols used in the armythey have 2 egines mine is actualy based off of the RL osprey VTOL but i dont have those things that a RL the helicopter uses ( sory forgot how they are called but its connected to the main engine its not the piece at the tail i mean my english isnt very good ) becuas the RL osprey uses 2 of those wher i use jet engines but i think there may be a jet engine version in RL to.

Edited by alline1999

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.