Help with SCANsat altitude

strider3

I've read the KSPedia entry for SCANsat but I still cannot get a correct altitude for an SAR scan of Dres. I've done everything from 150 KM to 600 KM and I still have the flashing "HI" in the main map. I'm confused on what that flashing means...does a flashing "HI" mean I'm too high? When I open the context menu for the SCANsat SAR scanner, all it tells me is "sub-optimal"..."sub" as in too low of an altitude, or "sub" as in too high or too low.

I know I need a lot of hand holding with SCANsat...but I wish the KSPedia for it was much more detailed than it is.

Here is a screen...the "HI" is flashing.

screenshot1.png

Edited by strider3

When looking at altimetry scan contract from SCANsat, they call 'Low resolution scan' for RADAR Altimetry scanning.

From that, you can guess LO & HI each means resolution of scanning, and MULTI for biome and other resources.

And on both KSPedia & VAB, SAR Altimetry Sensor shows that Best Altitude is 750Km, with Max scanning height of 800Km.

Edited by jupiterbjy
typo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.