Stay on rails projected paths during time warp

One of the things I would most like to see is a change to the way positions are calculated during time warp, often, when you use warp to a location, the end result is far from what was shown in the map view, often causing you to entirely miss  a targeted planet SOI if warping far away.  While trying to find a 'cure' for this I've seen some threads suggesting modifying the physics.cfg file, and that does have some positive impact, but the biggest realization I've had is that if you go back to the tracking station or space center and change focus to another ship -you can time warp without problems, this however causes you to guess at how long to warp (or use Kerbal Alarm clock) and wait impatiently for the long loads between switching scenes, so if there was something that forced the ship to lock onto the calculated and displayed trajectories rails whenever non-physics warp was entered that would be an amazing improvement to the gameplay experience and allow for more creative slingshotting, gravity assists, etc.

Edited by bd1323
My bad typing

The slight errors are caused by floating point numbers, effectively one of the cornerstones of KSP's development. May in a long time, when Squad is producing 1 update every few years rather than every 2-3 months, they'll work on changing it out for something more concrete but for the time being, that's all we have. Which means there will be slight errors in our flight. Just make sure to always account for it when flying and you should be fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.