Complete System crashes during gameplay

Howdy,

I love this game and have been playing for many years now, without problem. Now, as of this last up date (1.6) I have started to have my entire system crash, where the (don't judge) case RGB's are still on, and the fans stop and then turn on again. As I have seen in other forum threads, ya'll need the specks, so my machine is: ryzen 5 2400g, with the internal graphics off, a Sapphire brand radeon Rx 590, a 650 watt psu, and a Asus motherboard. I have done some basic testing, and I have figured its not the Psu, as I have been able to load vastly more needy games on my machine without fail. These crashes are in the actual flights, ranging from liftoff to encounter, but do have a tendency to rear up during docking.

Thank you,

-C 

System suddenly going dark with even the fans shutting down? Might be CPU overheat, as KSP is very CPU-heavy. I had such overheats on my previous laptop with similar symptoms, albeit not with KSP and the laptop in question refused to turn back on for a few more minutes until it cooled a bit. Getting a cooling pad solved that issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.