Space Station Design

OrbitalBuzzsaw

When I build stations, I basically decide whether I'm going to build a Skylab style single launch station or an ISS modular station, and let it go from there adding whatever I think is needing.

This is clearly shown in my (now ancient 2014-launched) Munar space station

ubOrKG1.png

On 3/27/2019 at 9:06 PM, SlinkyMcman said:

HnKhLgE.png

i remember using boosters as structural elements on my first station, and i also remember enabling infinite fuel and electricity to test out a ship and i somehow got to close to the station and the boosters went off obliterating the thing lol.

On 3/27/2019 at 9:06 PM, SlinkyMcman said:

HnKhLgE.png

i remember using boosters as structural elements on my first station, and i also remember enabling infinite fuel and electricity to test out a ship and i somehow got to close to the station and the boosters went off obliterating the thing lol.

52 minutes ago, putnamto said:

this HTML class. Value is this HTML class. Value is http://imgur.com/gal

I once had a thing for booster construction, also.

Edited by Ratwerke_Actual
gave up trying to link an image, because apparently your forum software changes valid links to trash.

1 hour ago, putnamto said:

Yeah you gotta be sure to empty them first, or 'you're gonna have some problems'. I haven't yet figured out how to both use them as a booster and a structural element, that's probably the dream.

8sRzAQW_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fAZ5478o_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Made a simple station with a little of everything and realised just how much dang fuel you need to send it to laythe if you aren't using nuclear or ion engines.

Trying to make a larger one with 7 rhino engines, few things I learnt, rhino engines and vernor engine rcs are your best friends for large space stations.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.