Problem saves following a change version

Hello everyone,

Forgive my English, I am French and use Google translation.

I have problems with my backup, which I have been playing for a very long time, a beautiful career of 25 years with colonies on all the stars until Jool.

I'm a long time stay on the 1.4 version of the game and in a quest for stability I put myself on the 1.7. I installed a lot of mods and I found updates for each of them. But when I put my backup in the 1.7, the game makes me disappear a lot of ships and put me back to year 1. And if I load a quicksave, a window remains blocking on space and I am forced to force the stop the game

Do you know if there is a solution to recover my backup in 1.7?
Or will I have to keep playing in 1.4?

thank you in advance

Thank you for having me so quickly.

Indeed, I had messages of missing parts on my ships as soon as I put my backup. So I proceed to copy the missing parts since 1.4 (I meet a lot of this problem with the mod KAS, I think the modder has to change the name of these parts).

I do not have any message now at the start of the backup but when I look at my creation in the VAB, I see for whom it lacks. By cons I have a ship for which there is no parts missing but it disappears anyway.

Here is the log of my KSP 1.7:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3ndrfjfgdrjvpk/output_log.txt?dl=0

Thank you again for your help

@ReactionWings From the KAS main page:

>>> Important notes to KAS v1.0+

Starting from KAS v1.0 a completely new branch of the mod is released. The changes are conceptual, so parts from it are not compatible with v0.6.4. If your game has any part  with suffix "LEGACY", then you must read this Wiki. If you have issues with the legacy parts migration, you're still welcome to post on the forum in case of someone had an experience to share. However, keep in mind that those parts are completely unsupported!

There look to be numerous problems. I can address problems with KAS. KAS 1.2+ completely removes the Legacy 0.64 era KAS parts. The harpoon, grappling hook, pipes and struts are gone. There is an upgrade utility that swaps old parts for current as described in this wiki.  Some people have had luck keeping the Legacy parts around by copying the entire Legacy directory from KAS 1.1 into KAS 1.2+, but this is not a supported configuration and not all of them work on 1.7.

It looks like you had problems, copied the old 0.64 KAS parts to the new KAS directory, but the library for them to function is not present. You need to clean up the KAS install. Remove all KAS and do a clean install of KAS 1.3. Download KAS 1.1 and copy the Legacy directory from 1.1 to the same spot in the KAS 1.3 directory tree. This might fix KAS problems.

Thank you very much Tonka Crash for your support.
This has completely solved the problem with KAS and now none of my creations have any missing parts.

Unfortunately I have a lot of ships that disappear from my backup on the 1.7 and I always remain blocked at year 1.

Is there really so much problem?
I do not know how to decipher the log :( !!

I spent too much time on my backup to abandon it, but that means that if the game evolves again, I could not update.

Here is my new log without the problem with KAS:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3ndrfjfgdrjvpk/output_log.txt?dl=0

Thanks again

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.