Deployable Science Limit

I used a rover with three sets of deployable experiments and created three bases in different close biomes on Eve. All seemed to work OK. 

I think that each biome produced science but it's not easy to tell. The console messages only say " X science was returned from the surface of Eve" rather than what biome on Eve. Also when looking at the results history in the research centre it only lists the science returned per experiment per planet/moon.   

If you have the large arm available then take only that as you get significantly less science with the smaller ones. You get quite a lot of science but it can take a long time to find a feature to scan. It's also not yet known in what biomes you will find what features and I believe some biomes have none. So you could spend hours looking in a biome when there's nothing there. For Kerbin I used an aircraft and it still took 30 minutes of low level/speed flying over a mountain region to spot a feature. 

7 hours ago, Zosma Procyon said:

Is there a limit to the number of sets of the new deployable science parts? I'm incorporating them into a new mobile base I'm preparing for Eve.

I think you can only have 1 set of deployable science per biome.  And it does diminishing returns.  Every few days, it will transmit some science, but a little bit less each time.

3 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

I think you can only have 1 set of deployable science per biome.  And it does diminishing returns.  Every few days, it will transmit some science, but a little bit less each time.

Still sounds good. My mobile base will carry 9 sets and use Bon Voyage to travel will I do other things. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.