Bipedal Walker - Challenge for Breaking Ground

S9NnPZb.png

So I was experimenting with Breaking Ground, and I decided to make a walker. At first, I made a hexapedal walker. Eventually I got bored with that and tried to make a bipedal walker. I found it very hard to make it stable enough, and to make the walking cycle so the legs didn't impede each other. After finally building a walker which worked well on Duna, I realised it would make a good challenge.

Here are the rules:

The walker must be bipedal - 2 legged. The legs can be made out of any selection of robotic parts, but they must be legs.

The walker must walk. As much as I liked the Frog Klapaucius made, it is not a walker.

It must work either on Duna, or on 1/3 gravity on Kerbin. I recommend Kerbin because of the runways.

It should require minimal control input. That is, you do not need to be constantly righting it and preventing falls.

It must have enough EC generation to work. Infinite Electricity is not allowed.

It must make it 50m without exploding.

I have tried to make these rules as loose as possible, so that as many crazy contraptions as you can think of are allowed. Mods are allowed, but the joints should be from Breaking Ground.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.