Aquatic propulsion speed record

Your goal is simply to make the fastest boat you can that pushes off water, rather than air or with a thrust engine. You can build a waterwheel. You can make an underwater propeller. You can even swim like a fish or sea turtle.

Breaking Ground is not strictly required. But it is likely of enormous advantage.

On 7/7/2019 at 8:40 AM, Pds314 said:

Your goal is simply to make the fastest boat you can that pushes off water, rather than air or with a thrust engine. You can build a waterwheel. You can make an underwater propeller. You can even swim like a fish or sea turtle.

Breaking Ground is not strictly required. But it is likely of enormous advantage.

I may be wrong, but I had to ask. How many total challenges do you have to your name? Just curious. :cool:

Related image

16 hours ago, The Dunatian said:

I may be wrong, but I had to ask. How many total challenges do you have to your name? Just curious. :cool:

Related image

I'm not sure. Some failed to take off. Some were pretty successful. Most were quite awhile ago.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Pds314,

Sorry I don't see any entries to this challenge yet. If it's not necroposting, I have one for you:

https://imgur.com/a/Vr0ldpD

Granted, 7.1 m/s isn't what you'd call a blistering pace, but I thought this was a decent first attempt.

Powerplant is two medium motors at 100% torque, although you quickly run out of battery running them.

The speed was quite unstable, even when the batteries were charged the craft was hovering around 6.5 m/s

Edited by life_on_venus

11 hours ago, life_on_venus said:

Hey Pds314,

Sorry I don't see any entries to this challenge yet. If it's not necroposting, I have one for you:

https://imgur.com/a/Vr0ldpD

Granted, 7.1 m/s isn't what you'd call a blistering pace, but I thought this was a decent first attempt.

Powerplant is two medium motors at 100% torque, although you quickly run out of battery running them.

The speed was quite unstable, even when the batteries were charged the craft was hovering around 6.5 m/s

Nice. Yeah it's definitely not a record. I did >18 m/s before Breaking Ground was even out. But I do like your boat.

A light carrier powered by two large electric outboard motors. It is almost entirely empty and weighs just 301 tonnes including 4 tonnes of LFO.

Top speed is 24.5 m/s.
OhNnP6I.png

And an Aeris 3A can land on it with full fuel, with no use of thrust reverser, and then take off again.
acrFq4I.png

tTK2Ofu.png

Edited by Pds314

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.