Plane won't launch

I built quite a small ordinary aircraft, but the game has become confused about it's dimensions. The game refuses to launch because it thinks the plane is too big and then puts up the following table;

UNABLE TO LAUNCH

CRAFT IS TOO LARGE FOR RUNWAY!

Length 3.94 m   [max 20]

Span    16.2 m   [<<2>]

Height 12.8 m   [max 15.2]

In fact the plane is 3.94 m tall, has a wingspan of 16.2 m and a a length of 12.8m.

The runway is fully upgraded.

Any ideas? I reloaded but no dice.

Are you running any mods?

In KSC view, if you right click on the runway, what Level does it say it is? (Because those max sizes you listed do not match a "fully upgraded" runway.)

If it really is Level 3, then have you done a Steam Validation on your game files?

Edited by bewing

33 minutes ago, bewing said:

Are you running any mods?

In KSC view, if you right click on the runway, what Level does it say it is? (Because those max sizes you listed do not match a "fully upgraded" runway.)

If it really is Level 3, then have you done a Steam Validation on your game files?

The only mod is KIS/KAS . In KSC view, if I click on the runway, nothing happens. Visual inspection shows a beige, stony surface, Clicking on the Hangar shows full upgrade, I do not know what a steam validation is.

Correction: if I click on the runway, a window opens allowing selection and launch of ships. It does not mention the level of the runway.

Edited by Ron Devu

4 hours ago, Ron Devu said:

Visual inspection shows a beige, stony surface,

The hangar and the runway upgrade separately. If the runway looks the way you say (it's a dirt runway), then that's a level 1 runway that has not been upgraded at all. That's your problem -- you need to upgrade the runway, in order to launch an airplane with this wingspan.

In KSC view, if I click on the runway, nothing happens.

Are you certain that you are RIGHT clicking on the runway? Because you need to open that window in order to upgrade the runway.

Clicking on the Hangar shows full upgrade, I do not know what a steam validation is.

Did you buy the game from Steam? Or how else did you buy it?

7 hours ago, bewing said:

The hangar and the runway upgrade separately. If the runway looks the way you say (it's a dirt runway), then that's a level 1 runway that has not been upgraded at all. That's your problem -- you need to upgrade the runway, in order to launch an airplane with this wingspan.

Are you certain that you are RIGHT clicking on the runway? Because you need to open that window in order to upgrade the runway.

Did you buy the game from Steam? Or how else did you buy it?

Okay, so today I get in the game, right click on the runway and lo and behold I get the option to upgrade it. Swear to God I tried both buttons yesterday and nothing happened on left click.. Anyhoo, everything seems to be normal now with the single runway upgrade And the plane flies like a dream, I'm into adjusting the controls now. I figured out how to make a stock set of flaps and am testing those too.

You should see her take off. Set full power and SAS, release the brakes, then hands off and she gently rises into the air about halfway down the runway. Landings are similar.Top speed 350 knots, ceiling seems a bit low at around 8000m but then it has a lot of wing and might be a bit draggy. It will pull a 180 turn in two or three seconds, if you push it.:) I think of it as a delta winged Lear jet.

I put two service bays in to get the length just so. One has a probodobo for optional remote flight and the other has the science suite..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.