Help Modding KSP

Hello All,

So I am trying to get back into KSP(Modded) since my last time playing around 2 years ago. My previous version with mods was deleted ( Stopped working correctly via steam updates and mods becoming out of date)

My Question is can someone please assist me in getting back into KSP and getting the mods I like.

I am use CKAN then an now.  However now I have KSP 1.7.3 and CKAN does not have most of the mods that I am looking for under that version. I have tried to revert KSP to a 1.4 version but I could not get that to work ether( several mods would not install via CKAN correctly). I have tried both using KSP under the steam folder and placed KSP out side of steam. I have also tried not only using CKAN to get the mods it provided and then also download the others from GITHUB and manually placing them in the GameData Folder. I am not sure why i am having these issues as I dont understand why CKAN wouldn't work right with a 1.4 version ( wont install several mods I am looking for)  and why manually installing the ones that it doesn't provided also dont work

** One Issue I had with GITHUB was the file down loaded has the name *-master* included in it and it then had one or two sub folders of GameData File and im not sure I was getting the correct folder out of the downloaded file into the KSP Game Data File**

I am trying to get back to using mods such as

USI ( Life Support, Konstructor, ie most of the USI family)

KIS

KAS

Planetary Base System

SETI ( Family of mods)

Remote Tech

Unmanned before manned

Community Tech Tree ( with as many supporting mods as i can find)

Contract Packs ( As many as i can find that are not just busy work)

Mech Jeb

Joint Reenforcement

ect.

Is there like a do all catch all location that I can download a "Mod Pack" Something that would have several of these or similar mods that are like bundled?

Please Help!!! I Miss KSP

Well, first of all I'm going to advertise my own tutorial :D

It should answer most of your questions.

You're probably interested to look at the "Advanced Stuff" for CKAN, because it will explain to you how to setup CKAN to allow the installation of "out-dated" mods. Most mods from KSP 1.4 are still compatible with KSP 1.7 but like always, there are a few exceptions (KIS for example but it got n update already).

2 hours ago, Zill4449 said:

** One Issue I had with GITHUB was the file down loaded has the name *-master* included in it and it then had one or two sub folders of GameData File and im not sure I was getting the correct folder out of the downloaded file into the KSP Game Data File**

You downloaded a copy of the github repository, you should open the "release" section of the repo and download the mods there ;) I'll cover this part in my tutorial as well :)

Ok So I started with a fresh install of KSP 1.7 and CKAN. I moved KSP to a local file out of steam. I selected the the mods I am trying to get and again had issues . I would include images but I do not know how with the URL insert button.... dont know where to hang my pics to get a URL...

Well I have the Pics in a google drive but cant insert the URL.... be glad to email them to someone bc I cant get them any other way that I know of.

1 hour ago, Zill4449 said:

I would include images but I do not know how with the URL insert button.... dont know where to hang my pics to get a URL...

Well I have the Pics in a google drive but cant insert the URL.... be glad to email them to someone bc I cant get them any other way that I know of.

You could just upload them to imgur.com and then either link the pictures individually or the whole album. If they're on Google drive you need to set them to public and then post a link to them.

And be careful with that "fresh install" stuff. Steam won't remove the mod files you yourself put into the game. If you just uninstall and reinstall the game, all your old mishaps will still be there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.