1.7.3 crashes on linux

On 7/19/2019 at 5:23 PM, Verdnan said:

Szia Ubuntu 18.04-et futtatom a KSP GOG verziójával, és amikor elindítom a játékot, azonnal kapok egy fekete képernyőt és a kurzort, majd egy ütközést az asztalra. Ez egy friss telepítés az összes dlc-vel és nem modik.

Itt van egy link a naplófájlomhoz,

Player.log

Hello!

Try it on console, start it. Usually the error is revealed.
If you don't know how I'll try to help.

Edited by AG-ch

On 7/23/2019 at 4:53 PM, AG-ch said:

Did you run KSP.x86_64 in the root directory?
What is the permissions for this file?
You tried to uninstall and reinstall mono?

Has the game been run before with this Configuration?

Yes I checked permissions, tried mono and drivers, at this point I have reinstalled my entire OS. It still will not run, however older versions work and play just fine, its only this version that crashes.

Edited by Verdnan

5 hours ago, Verdnan said:

Yes I checked permissions, tried mono and drivers, at this point I have reinstalled my entire OS. It still will not run, however older versions work and play just fine, its only this version that crashes.

Ok. thanks

What does it show?  Home/.mono/mwf_config 
The resolution you use. 2560 x 1440?
Could this be the problem here, Their Permissions?   KSP 1.7.x/KSP_Data/Plugins/x86_64/ 

12 hours ago, AG-ch said:

Ok. thanks

What does it show?  Home/.mono/mwf_config 
Could this be the problem here, Their Permissions?   KSP 1.7.x/KSP_Data/Plugins/x86_64/ 

For me there is no mwf_config file in that directory, I checked the permissions and I have full "read/write" access and "allow executing file as program" is enabled.

10 hours ago, Verdnan said:

For me there is no mwf_config file in that directory, I checked the permissions and I have full "read/write" access and "allow executing file as program" is enabled.

I'm not using full ubuntu, so I ask.
Installed Mono from here? https://www.mono-project.com/download/stable/

Or other  repository?

Did you try to launch it with Launcher.x86_64 settings?

Edited by AG-ch

13 hours ago, AG-ch said:

I'm not using full ubuntu, so I ask.
Installed Mono from here? https://www.mono-project.com/download/stable/

Or other  repository?

Did you try to launch it with Launcher.x86_64 settings?

Installed Mono from the repo you listed and still nothing.

2560 x 1440 is my native resolution, I did try 1920 x 1080 windowed mode from the launcher as well.

It doesn't run when I use the launcher.

Edit:

Okay so I tried running the 32 bit version in 1920 x 1080 windowed and I can get into the game, however when I try to switch to the native resolution the screen goes black with just the cursor, forcing me to drop to console and kill task. The 64 bit will not run just as before.

My OS is 64 bit with 16GB of ram currently, on a AMD Ryzen 1600 CPU paired with a NVIDIA GTX 770 driver version 390.116.

Edited by Verdnan
No developments

5 hours ago, Verdnan said:

Okay so I tried running the 32 bit version in 1920 x 1080 windowed and I can get into the game, however when I try to switch to the native resolution the screen goes black with just the cursor, forcing me to drop to console and kill task. The 64 bit will not run just as before.

My OS is 64 bit with 16GB of ram currently, on a AMD Ryzen 1600 CPU paired with a NVIDIA GTX 770 driver version 390.116.

Try running it again, but now with this switch.   
-force-glcore

If there is no change, so be it :
-force-clamped

If not. We will test it:
sudo apt-get install glmark2

Then in the terminal
glmark2

On 7/26/2019 at 7:42 PM, AG-ch said:

Installed Mono from here?

You shouldn't have to install mono system-wide at all, the runtime is bundled with KSP (KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libmono.so). Unitys mono build is heavily stand-up guyized as screwed up as the profanity filter on this forum and very old, so it's incompatible with and independent of upstream.

@Verdnan: Other thoughts, in no particular order:

Nuke your preferences file: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/prefs
Try launching with LC_ALL=C set
Unplug any controllers/joysticks before launching the game, KSPs input stack is as broken as it gets.
Update your graphics drivers. 410 & 430 series available here. Note I run Gentoo so that Ubuntu ppa is straight from google. Should be fine though.
The output of 'ldd -v -r ./KSP.x86_64' might be of interest too, if only for comparison. This crash smells like graphics or input to me, but TBH I've never seen that particular output in Player.log before.

Edited by steve_v

5 hours ago, steve_v said:

You shouldn't have to install mono system-wide at all, the runtime is bundled with KSP (KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libmono.so). Unitys mono build is heavily stand-up guyized as screwed up as the profanity filter on this forum and very old, so it's incompatible with and independent of upstream.

I know I don't have to, it just wanted to be a question. (My English is not good.) :) 

1 minute ago, AG-ch said:

I know I don't have to, it just wanted to be a question. (My English is not good.) :)

Fair enough, I was just pointing out that system mono is unlikely to be the cause of the problem since KSP doesn't use it.  Your English is perfectly understandable BTW. :)

7 minutes ago, steve_v said:

Fair enough, I was just pointing out that system mono is unlikely to be the cause of the problem since KSP doesn't use it.  Your English is perfectly understandable BTW. :)

Thanks. I think so too.

Somewhere I read about forcing a better bug reporting method. 
I do not remember:wacko:

On 7/27/2019 at 6:19 AM, AG-ch said:

Thanks. I think so too.

Somewhere I read about forcing a better bug reporting method. 
I do not remember:wacko:

On 7/27/2019 at 12:41 AM, steve_v said:

@Verdnan: Other thoughts, in no particular order:

Nuke your preferences file: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/prefs
Try launching with LC_ALL=C set
Unplug any controllers/joysticks before launching the game, KSPs input stack is as broken as it gets.
Update your graphics drivers. 410 & 430 series available here. Note I run Gentoo so that Ubuntu ppa is straight from google. Should be fine though.
The output of 'ldd -v -r ./KSP.x86_64' might be of interest too, if only for comparison. This crash smells like graphics or input to me, but TBH I've never seen that particular output in Player.log before.

Okay I figured it out! My Xbox 360 controller was plugged into the back of my PC all this time, and I forgot about it when unplugged all front panel USB connections. Such a weird bug that I can't launch x86_64, but x86 and earlier versions load. I feel so dumb wasting all this time troubleshooting and bothering you guys over this.

But I sure do appreciate the the help, thanks a bunch!

On 7/28/2019 at 3:59 PM, Verdnan said:

Okay I figured it out! My Xbox 360 controller was plugged into the back of my PC all this time, and I forgot about it when unplugged all front panel USB connections. Such a weird bug that I can't launch x86_64, but x86 and earlier versions load. I feel so dumb wasting all this time troubleshooting and bothering you guys over this.

But I sure do appreciate the the help, thanks a bunch!

5SYR8Yo.png

I'm glad the problem has been resolved.

Edited by AG-ch

6 hours ago, Verdnan said:

My Xbox 360 controller was plugged into the back of my PC all this time.

Glad you got it sorted out. Frankly I'm thouroughly liquided at Squad for leaving  input support regression so broken for so long.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.