I deleted my persistent save unknowingly and broke the game, is there a fix?

So I bought the game around about a week or two ago and have been having a real good time crashing almost all of my rockets (very steep learning curve). Either way the game is stupendous and besides it taking a heavy toll on my PS4, with low framerates when I launch big rockets, I haven't experienced any game breaking bugs up until now.

I was clearing out some save files and I accidentally seem to have deleted the "persistent" save file. I made sure the save the game with quicksaves but needless to say the save file won't load, with a message saying the save file "(bunch of letters)" cannot be loaded.

I saw this problem happen to some people way back in January of 2018 but they said it doesn't happen in the PS4 version and I would like to confirm, that the bug does indeed occur in PS4 too sadly. 

Basically, is there a fix? (I don't have a ps plus membership so no cloud)

I don’t think you can retrieve that save, but I may have a idea on how not to have it happen again.  Not sure what game mode you are playing, I have a career game going and a science mode game.

what I do when I start a new game is I name the save (ex. Career1).  Then when ever I complete a mission or am back at the KSP and select save,  I edit the name to Career 1 and overwrite it and that is always my fall back if I mess up a quick save.  The only other time I save is mid missions with the “quick save” option.  Either way I suggest when doing a regular save to always name it and not use the file name it defaults to.  That way I never accidentally delete the persistent or my actual quick saves.    

Not sure if that made any sense.  I’d have to load up the game and look at it to be more specific if I was too confusing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.