[WIP] [Kopernicus] [1.7.3] Cline-1 Star System: Everything Old Is New Again

Everything Old Is New Again

The Cline-1 system is a new star system mod which will be compatible with the Interstellar Consortium.

The GitHub repository can be found here: https://github.com/GregroxMun/Cline-1

Cline-1

Cline-1 is a small planet mod for Kerbal Space Program that adds 9 bodies, all of which are repurposed from now-defunct versions of old planet mods of mine, most notably the old version of Seven Worlds of SLIPPIST-1.

Bodies:

• Cline-1: An M1V star.
  • Cline-1f: A small tidally locked warm planet. Modified from the old version of SLIPPIST-1's Delta.
  • Cline-1c: A tidally locked habitable planet. Modified from the old version of SLIPPIST-1's Echo.
  • Cline-1e: A large tidally locked icy/ocean world with some landmasses. Modified from the old version of SLIPPIST-1's Golf.
  • Cline-1d: A tidally locked icy/ocean world with a small landmass or two. Modified from the old version of SLIPPIST-1's Foxtrot.
  • Cline-1b: A gas giant. Currently just a modified Jool clone.
  • Cline-1b-I: A fat Io. Modified from the old version of SLIPPIST-1's Beta.
  • Cline-1b-II: A cool waterworld. Modified from Revamped Stock Solar System's Laythe.
  • Cline-1b-III: A frozen iceball. Modified from the old version of WhirligigWorld's Lito.

The filenames for the textures are holdovers from before I decided to give everything systematic names. I intend to change the filenames at some point.

Features:

• ResearchBodies compatibility.
  • Biome maps for every body.
  • Basic atmospheric visual configuration.
  • Planets that weren't good enough for other mods.
  • Mostly compatible with Interstellar Consortium standards. (But not on the map yet)

To-do:

• Get Cline-1 on the official Interstellar Consortium map. Currently it's just using an arbitrarily chosen position, but I'll need to get it on the IC map to officially release it.
  • Some basic science definitions.
  • Balance science multipliers. (Though, how do you do that for an interstellar destination???)
  • There's probably some bugs and stuff that I haven't discovered in the almost zero time spent testing this.
  • Add a texture to Cline-1b. I could find an old gas giant map from another mod, but I may go ahead and just make a new one.

Why?

This mod is composed of bits and pieces from mods I've officially deprecated, specifically, Revamped Stock Solar Syste, an old version of Whirligig World, and the old version of SLIPPIST-1. The reason why they were deprecated:

• Revamped Stock System: My views for how the stock system ought to be changed over time, and I felt that I was modifying too much of the core of the system. Still, some of the bodies were pretty nice. Laythe, in particular, despite being one of my first "original" planets, still holds up today, and since almost none of the stock Laythe map remained, I figured it'd be acceptable to reuse it. if you look carefully you can in fact see some of the same islands used on the stock Laythe.
  • SLIPPIST-1: SLIPPIST-1 is based on the real TRAPPIST-1 system, so when we got better data about the planets of TRAPPIST-1, I had to remake all the planets from solid planets into less dense water worlds. And while this was partly good because those planets were a little dated, I still ended up with some planets that were decent, though not particularly impressive, that wasn't going anywhere. This mod originally started out just as a reorganized old-SLIPPIST-1, until I decided to add Lito and Laythe.
  • Whirligig World's Lito: The old version of Lito was little more than various bits of procedural noise, which while it worked and looked okay, it wasn't really satisfying for the level of detail WW ended up getting, and the revamped version looks much better. Still, I always intended to reuse the original version somewhere, and I finally got the chance here.

Here's an album of images of the planets, but we all know it's more fun to play interstellar mods blind!

Spoiler

In case you want just a taste of spoilers, here's Cline-1d:

unknown.png?width=561&height=564

See the spoiler below for the rest of the planets:

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png?width=655&height=563

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

This is a fairly low priority project, but I do intend to develop it a bit more. I am not likely to add any more bodies, and if I do, they will be more bodies which were "not good enough" for other mods. Currently the Interstellar Consortium compatibility is not official--it follows the guidelines but the star is not officially a part of the map yet (though I don't anticipate any problems getting it accepted)

I probably will not be supporting any visual mods, but never say never. 

The mod does not require Interstellar Consortium to function, only Kopernicus and its prerequisites.

To install:

Install Kopernicus and its prerequisites.

Go to https://github.com/GregroxMun/Cline-1/releases/tag/0.0 and click Source code (zip) to download 

Put Cline-1 in GameData.

If you have a planet pack that changes the home to another system (Whirligig World or Alternis Kerbol, for instance) you will need Interstellar Consortium to be installed. (Assuming that mod is compatible with IC)

Edited by GregroxMun

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.