Home Cockpit Support

Hi everyone, my first post here. Long time KSP nut, Simulation nut and home cockpit builder :)

I would like to know if there are any plans to support Home Cockpit builders / Homemade peripherals with KSP2?
With KSP1, it is possible to make it happen with various mods and ingenuity. I feel this is half the fun of it, you get out what you put in and get a great feeling of achievement from overcoming whatever little issue you spend 6 months trying to solve!

But I would really like to see some native support in KSP2 if at all possible. It really starts with a solid Control Binding menu.
For instance, my other love, DCS:World, has a fantastic control binding menu, enabling one to simply plug in a USB peripheral, whether it be a joystick or a controller input board, and then bind your controls however you please, and you can use as many peripherals as you like.
I never had any joy getting a simple joystick to work with KSP without having to use mods, and even then I didn't have much luck. 
I also really hope for multiple monitor support out of the box. It would be even more fantastic if it was possible to customise what is displayed on each monitor, for instance - out the window visuals, universe map, MFD screens able to be pushed to their own monitor / video output and viewed all at the same time.
I believe this is possible to do in KSP1, again with mods and a load of head scratching.

I ask these things because it is a personal dream of mine to have a fully enclosed space sim cockpit running KSP. Just imagine, you and a buddy crammed into a Gemini size tin can, surrounded by switches and buttons and controls and displays, with just a tiny porthole to see 'outside'. Immersion!! 2 weeks in a smelly tin can really is some peoples idea of fun!
This kind of thing has been done in the Flight Simulation community for decades, and there are some really incredible peripherals out there on the shelf to buy, and who knows what is hiding in your head waiting for you turn it to reality! I personally use a TM:Warthog and a load of OEM Boeing 737-300 cockpit parts plugged into Leo Bodnar cards with DCS, and it really does change the game! the feeling of immersion increases dramatically when you don't have to touch a keyboard or mouse, and you feel the clunk of real switches under finger. Which is what Simulation is supposed to be right? Immersion!

Hope this gets the right people thinking!! After all, they're only gonna make KSP2 once!
Anyway, ramble over! :D 

5 hours ago, Nafiu Sean said:

Imagine doing the interstellar docking scene with interstellar parts mod and just using joystick on home cockpit and of course playing no time for caution in background.

The possibilities are endless! IVA mods are incredible, bringing them into the real world is something else!

Being able to fly a craft 'co-op' is the best part. Imagine having someone piloting, someone calling out all the numbers, and mr science in the back playing with the goo.. :confused:

I sincerely hope that they will implement full support to controllers, custom or not.

Or they may "simply" release a VR version of the game.

14 hours ago, Master39 said:

I sincerely hope that they will implement full support to controllers, custom or not.

Or they may "simply" release a VR version of the game.

This is more what I am getting at. VR would be really great, but being able to use whatever controllers you want would be a game changer for me personally. Current gen VR limits your immersion in that you have to still use mouse and keyboard or awquard hand controller devices unless you have other peripherals.. 

Visually stunning though!

15 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

Now consider the amount of users who would actuality build a home cockpit vs normal users.

Any answer is no (redacted) way,

Yes it is a small percentage of people who would build a full cockpit, but thousands would benefit from the framework of being able to utilise whatever controllers they like, cockpit or not. Then those that are keen can go about it without too much trouble, and hopefully inspire others to do the same!

The hobby of home cockpit building is getting bigger all the time, and the more support that is available in games, the more people will be likely to experiment with it in some way or another. 

On 8/28/2019 at 1:53 PM, Radar said:

Something like this you will appreciate then @CrushenatorNZA

A10 Home Cockpit

Hell yes how many hours of fun could ya have with that! DCS A10 is awesome:) I'm quite lucky and get to spend alot of time around Simulators, mostly 737 and A320. In my opinion nothing beats it, VR is great and all, especially from an ease of use / setup perspective, but having an actual cockpit with screens and switches to play with (and a good dashboard to rest your arm on :D) hooked up to a good visual system it is incredibly immersive. And it isn't neccesarily an expensive venture, with a basic skillset that you can learn from youtube videos, you can make anything on the cheap!