[0.17][10.09][LSI] Part list: [Spacejunk Bay]

Legal2k

ChangeLog:

#10.09 Junk Bay is now in sexy carbon black.(Carbon will be LSI overal theme in future projects.)

#09.09 Fixed Drag Values (Thanks to Atimed)

#08.09 Added Fuel crossfeed

#08.09 TMP Mirror

Developed Parts:

Spacejunk (Cargo) Bay:

14324h5.jpg

335fxnm.png

This work was done by rookie, never modeled in my life before.

Therefore i know my textures are bad, line not straight, etc

Download Part

http://www.kerbal.net/mod.php?id=18

PS. You are free to modify part and use it, but you are forbidden to redistribute it in any form without my permission.

Edited by Legal2k

- Great mod, will do wonders to my Apollo styled missions..

Keep up the good work..

One think id like to see is fuel cross feed enabled so we can more freely place the cargo bay module without worrying if the fuel will flow or not.. :P
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32678[/ATTACH] Edited by Atimed
Photo..

- Great mod, will do wonders to my Apollo styled missions..

Keep up the good work..

One think id like to see is fuel cross feed enabled so we can more freely place the cargo bay module without worrying if the fuel will flow or not.. :P
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32678[/ATTACH]

Just download again. Now it is. I forgot about that :)

Hi, I don't know why, but for some reason, every time I launch this vehicle with a fuel tank below your (awesome) cargo bay, the bay always disconnects from the fuel tank at around 48 seconds into the flight, no matter how many struts I use to try and keep them together. I even modified the breaking force and torque to ridiculous amounts and it didn't help anything.

It might have something to do with the attach nodes which is something you would know more about than I do, so here's the craft file. Loads in SPH, should be all stock parts except for the cargo bay.

Hi, I don't know why, but for some reason, every time I launch this vehicle with a fuel tank below your (awesome) cargo bay, the bay always disconnects from the fuel tank at around 48 seconds into the flight, no matter how many struts I use to try and keep them together. I even modified the breaking force and torque to ridiculous amounts and it didn't help anything.

It might have something to do with the attach nodes which is something you would know more about than I do, so here's the craft file. Loads in SPH, should be all stock parts except for the cargo bay.

I think you have to redesign it as, this bay have small mass for me it's always start spinning between 9K and 10K.

Maybe i have to finetune mass a little. I'l try that.

I fixed the disconnect issue by moving the fuel tank to inside of the bay. Reduces available cargo space, but the fuel tank stays attached.

But you're right, the craft does indeed start spinning between 9k and 10k. I'm going to try editing it as well.

I fixed the disconnect issue by moving the fuel tank to inside of the bay. Reduces available cargo space, but the fuel tank stays attached.

But you're right, the craft does indeed start spinning between 9k and 10k. I'm going to try editing it as well.

Let me know how you fixed that :)

Oh I don't know how it works exactly, but I just relocated the same fuel tank to the inside of the cargo bay, and it stays attached. Maybe it has something to do with the collision inside the bay being all internal as opposed to things bouncing around outside the bay, knocking into it and breaking the attach point.

But I've upped the mass all the way to 9 which is the same as the full 2m large tank, and it still spins around at like 10k. I don't quite know how to make it fly well in an asymmetric thrust spaceplane configuration, it probably flies better on top of a conventional rocket.

Let me know how you fixed that :)

maximum_drag = 0.1

minimum_drag = 0.2

Here is the spinning issue problem, well based on my testing.. it acts like the 3 man pod... its got less drag than other tanks/parts so it try's to get/point forward (re-entry).. Simple fix would be to set the min to 0.3 and the max to 0.2.. Simply to keep the drag values consistent trough the whole ship.. This should fix the spinning around 9-10km, but i cant replicate/or i just don't notice it..

Hope it helps, and keep up the good work..

Here is the spinning issue problem, well based on my testing.. it acts like the 3 man pod... its got less drag than other tanks/parts so it try's to get/point forward (re-entry).. Simple fix would be to set the min to 0.3 and the max to 0.2.. Simply to keep the drag values consistent trough the whole ship.. This should fix the spinning around 9-10km, but i cant replicate/or i just don't notice it..

Hope it helps, and keep up the good work..
maximum_drag = 0.1

minimum_drag = 0.2

Thanks, updated part. Credits go to you :)

This is very nice, I'll be able to make the reusuable satelite launcher I've wanted to for an age :)

That is as soon as can build something that survives the parachutes opening...

Any chance for a version for the smaller capsules?

How do put things inside of it? i want to use a decoupler to drop things out of it, but the cargobay wont allow me to attach things to the decoupler.

I tend to use 1m stock decoupler for 1m and 2m parts. it's just easyer. Just try build that thing that goes inside, at the bottom of the rocket first, then rotate, flip if needed and put it inside.

Hope you solve this issue.

Edited by Legal2k

I tend to use 1m stock decoupler for 1m and 2m parts. it's just easyer. Just try build that thing what goes inside, at the bottom of the rocket first, then rotate, flip if want and put it inside.

Hope you solve this issue.

Ah, thanks a lot. How do i prevent the cargo's engines from igniting at the same time as all the other engines?

Edited by kodemunkey

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.