How to add new commnet icons

Hello,

TL;DR: I'd like to know how to add (and remove) icons from the commnet panel (the panel where you see the transmission status, the kerbal-probe capable icon,...).

kOeUJB6.png

I see a lot of questions on the web like "why can't I control my ship?", "I can't delete the maneuver node?",... And I see that the commnet icons are missing some important information and we can only see this by opening the resource tab to see there's no more electricity...

Also the probe-kerbal capable icon is very confusing : the orange Kerbal icon could either mean "no SAS because no pilot" or "a probe is assisting so you can SAS but you can't do maneuver nodes"... Also a green Kerbal icon means full control but with xp activated a scientist is considered "green" although he/she can't SAS,...

The goal of my mod is to remove this icon and add new ones

Spoiler

- Battery level : good indicator to check why your ship is not responding, or why you can't rotate or establish a commnet communication,...

- Kerbal's SAS level : 0, 1, 2 or 3, as described on the wiki, or status (orange : not pilot, red : tourist, black : vacant, none : no command pod)

- Probe's SAS level : idem, orange : stayputnik, none : no probe

- Maneuver possible : yes or no

- Probe hibernating : yes or no

How to access the info for managing icons would be in other topics, I'm just interested in the adding icons parts.

Firstly : does a (recent) mod already adds commnet icons this so I could take a look at the code ?

Secondly : I dug a little in the API, apparently a good hint is the TelemetryUpdate class, which includes sprites. So I suppose I need the Unity IDE to create them...

Thanks for your help!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.