Can't Get Fuel to Transfer Through Grapple

Below is my prototype modular base which sits at the KSC (less the module on the left for testing, see next).  The front and back of most modules has a docking port and the power/comm module has a connection on 4 sides.  There's one sitting on Minmus with tweaks (mostly for transporting) but essentially the same.  The problem I'm having is that I didn't realize fuel won't transfer through structural items (beams) which are attached to the docking ports.  WOOPS.  The beam setup is common to each module and is what I decided on to make it modular for quick customization.  So I made a prototype tank that has a grapple on it to, hopefully, transfer fuel (that's the module on the left).  Well it seems that the grapple doesn't transfer fuel either.  Is that the case or am I doing something wrong here?  If the grapple doesn't transfer fuel what options do I have to use this big and small tank for a mining operation/refueling station.  Note the grapple is connected directly to the tank and offset with the offset gizmo to move it up allowing for a connection (too low and it wouldn't attach to the larger tank).

I've transferred fuel before on other rockets through normal docking ports by pinning tank menus and hitting IN/OUT but it won't work for this one.  Yes, the large tank is full and the tank on the left is empty.

This is career mode and cost me serious $$$ to get there (was part of a contract) and development time to get the modules working without the kraken coming to play.  So I don't want to abandon it but make some kind of adapter to get it to transfer fuel.  Without the grapple working I don't know what other options there are.

v1.8 - Stock (except alarm clock) - BG & MH

fvevla5pfeu31.jpg

When you set up your game, under the Advanced difficulty settings, there is an option called "Resource Transfer Obeys Crossfeed Rules". You need to disable this if you want to transfer resources through a Klaw.

You can change this setting in your game by bringing up the Settings menu, selecting the Difficulty Options button at the top, and then selecting Advanced settings.

ETA: if you disable this setting, you'll find that resources will now also transfer through your docking ports (the ones attached to structural beams that you are having trouble with in the first place), thereby eliminating the need for your tanker vehicle with the Klaw.

Edited by Johnny Wishbone

8 minutes ago, Johnny Wishbone said:

When you set up your game, under the Advanced difficulty settings, there is an option called "Resource Transfer Obeys Crossfeed Rules". You need to disable this if you want to transfer resources through a Klaw.

You can change this setting in your game by bringing up the Settings menu, selecting the Difficulty Options button at the top, and then selecting Advanced settings.

ETA: if you disable this setting, you'll find that resources will now also transfer through your docking ports (the ones attached to structural beams that you are having trouble with in the first place), thereby eliminating the need for your tanker vehicle with the Klaw.

I did start my first game on Hard and didn't know what all of the settings meant at the time.  The only one I made sure to enable was saves as I was well enough versed in the game prior to purchase that I knew the Kraken existed (oh and later on alternative launch sites because why is that an easy/hard option?).  While changing that cross feed setting will slightly disappoint me I really don't want to go back and redesign and relaunch everything at this point.   But every time I refuel it'll eat at the back of my head now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.