[Resolved] [1.7.3] How to bring large rover to complete stop in low gravity environment?

Edit: The solution was as easy as tinkering with spring/damper settings :/ Mods can feel free to delete this thread!

I am playing RSS, and with the help of Global Construction I've built a 6.6 ton, 10-wheel rover on the lunar surface. Unfortunately, once the rover is deployed, it
 begins to slide around. I can use the wheels to control it and reduce the speed for the most part with brakes, but I cannot bring the vehicle to a complete stop (about 0.3 m/s minimum), and when driving, the direction of orientation seems to make no difference: essentially, I Tokyo Drift around, regardless of which direction my wheels are pointed.

I've driven smaller rovers on the moon without difficulty, and by replicating the problem at KSC by hacking gravity down to .16, I've determined it must be a gravity issue rather than anything specific to the moon itself. I also don't think it is related to Global Construction, as I cheated a fresh, VAB-built rover down to the lunar surface and had the same issue. I also have done some brief experimentation with applying some downward thrust near the center of mass while braking to bring the rover into better contact with the ground, and although I haven't gone all out and experimented with huge engines, reasonably-sized ones haven't seemed to have helped; the rover still refuses to come to a complete stop. Ultimately, I assume it's a question of distributing too little mass over too many wheels or something similar, but I wanted to see if this is a known problem with any solutions. I can provide a list of installed mods, craft file, etc., if this would help.

Thanks!

Edited by GP_LeChuck

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.