Game crashing to BSOD after latest patch

Does anyone know what the differences are between the KSP store and Steam versions of Kerbal?

I had KSP and all DLC's on the KSP store forever (Got the DLC's for free for buying the game early) and ever since the last patch, I have not been able to load the game if I install Breaking Ground. 

The game would start loading, and at the end when the loading bar is almost full and it says 'loading Breaking Ground expansion assets' it would freeze, stay like that for a minute or two and my computer would crash to a blue screen of death.  No crash logs are generated. Without Breaking Ground it works fine.

I tried it over 20 times while tweaking stuff, installing new drivers etc. and it would happen every single time. 

All other games I own work fine.

Now I am trying to figure out what is causing the BSoD, so I would appreciate any information on what exactly was added in Breaking Ground that might be causing it.

Edited by Awaras

You didn't mention it, but did you make sure to download the most recent update to the "Breaking Ground" expansion?

There is often a bugfix version of the expansions when the base game gets a new release. KSP 1.9.1 requires Breaking Ground version 1.4.1.

10 hours ago, Awaras said:

Does anyone know what the differences are between the KSP store and Steam versions of Kerbal?

Nothing, besides delivery method and some mostly pointless overlays and such.

10 hours ago, Awaras said:

BSoD

Is almost certainly an underlying system problem, not the game itself.

What's your system RAM and pagefile size? If your pagefile is set to dynamic (as by default), how much free disk space do you have on the system partition? VRAM size? GPU type? Any system info at all?

BG doesn't add anything exotic, but it does push memory use (both system and VRAM) up a fair bit. A period of freezing followed by a system crash sounds like it could be exhausting physical RAM, paging hard, then hitting some limit on pagefile size. But that's just a guess, which is all you'll get without some kind of log or core dump.

Edited by steve_v

18 hours ago, steve_v said:

Nothing, besides delivery method and some mostly pointless overlays and such.

Is almost certainly an underlying system problem, not the game itself.

What's your system RAM and pagefile size? If your pagefile is set to dynamic (as by default), how much free disk space do you have on the system partition? VRAM size? GPU type? Any system info at all?

BG doesn't add anything exotic, but it does push memory use (both system and VRAM) up a fair bit. A period of freezing followed by a system crash sounds like it could be exhausting physical RAM, paging hard, then hitting some limit on pagefile size. But that's just a guess, which is all you'll get without some kind of log or core dump.

Installing the latest GeForce Hotfix Driver version 445.78 fixed my problem. Game works now. Thank you for taking the time to advise.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.