Small Circular Intake Temperature Limit

Might I ask why the temperature limit of the Small Circular Intake was lowered to 1200? 

That puts it in the same category as science experiments and without any size 0 replacement later in the tech tree.

Was this in error?  If so, can it be corrected?  It has broken several of my designs that used this intake that can no longer survive re-entry even when closed.

I'm aware that I can edit the part myself, but I'm as much interested in the "why" as I am in the number itself.

Let's assume that is the case.  Then it'd be incumbent on them to provide a replacement  later on at that size that can handle re-entry temps to keep build possibilities open, as that is the sole size 0 intake that exists in the game.  That's the real point of the "why".  If it's not just an "oopsie, we'll revert that" then it's actually exposing a greater flaw in logic than this basic temperature problem.   That being in a game that the core gameplay is to explore possibility, those are being arbitrarily removed.  That has never been the spirit of the game I've known these many years. 

Which is basically why I came out of the woodwork after years and years and had to reset my forum password. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.