Parts disappearing in flight

This one is really strange. Note I'm still using 1.9.1 because some of the mods I need are not yet available, so this is _not_ a 1.10.x problem. I have a ship that has a 2.5m cargo bay. In the VAB I put some parts into the cargo bay and close the doors. I launch, rendezous with a station, land on Minmus, open the cargo bay, and...the parts are missing! I reverted to the VAB, open the bay and there they are.

Has anyone else seen this sort of issue with parts just disappearing from within a cargo bay?

Not sure if it is related, but I've also had a couple of ships (just in the last few days) suddenly explode, for no reason at all, when coming out of warp, BUT only if I'm in the map screen...if I'm on the main flight screen, they don't explode.

(Additional info: I MAY have found my parts. The parts made up a BG DLC robotic arm. I checked the status of the contents of the service bay at multiple points during the mission, and the parts are where they should be, at least until they are landed. Once on the ground, the arm is now partially clipped into the upper surface of the service module, and completely detached from the point where it was mounted up to that point. I'm really hoping the bug fixes that were listed for the 1.10/1.50BG release fix this issue, but I won't be playing much until the mods I require are all up to date...and given other life activities, I MAY get around to this again in November!)

Edited by Michel Bartolone
additional info

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.