[Orbit] SolveClosestApproach: solve took too many iterations, result incorrect -> CTD

Seems like a rare bug, as i can't seem to find many examples of it on reddit or this forum. This imgur post is the closest approximation I could find (but it's not entirely the same): https://imgur.com/a/Kb8JnZT

What happens:

When I plot a maneuver to a planet with a lot of moons (either gas giant Jool in the stock system or ice giant Gateway in Linx' Beyond Home Planet Pack),  the patched conics start flickering. After a few seconds, the game starts freezing/stuttering, the maneuver node controls start freaking out (moving the node to a completely different point when adjusting prograde, radial, etc... along the projected orbit, patched conics dissapearing/appearing at random) and after about 30 seconds, the game gives up and crashes to desktop. Oh, and timewarping at different speeds causes the planets to shift forward and backward along their orbits.

I have gone through my "Player.log" file, and while it is huge, the phrase "[Orbit] SolveClosestApproach: solve took too many iterations, result incorrect" seems to take up large swathes. I have reduced the patched conics setting from maximum (6?) to 4, but that did nothing. I'll now try and set it to the minimum (2?), and see if that helps with anything.

If anyone knows a solution for this or has encountered this sort of behaviour before, please let me know and I'll upload the log file. Thanks for reading this far!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.