KASTOR - Solid Rockets for Every Need! - Development Thread

Emilius73

I've always felt that stock Kerbal Space Program, along with tons of other mods, are lacking in one particular area.

Solid Rocket Boosters.

SRBs of different sizes are usually included in a larger parts pack, meaning I would need to install a massive pack for just a few parts! Sure, there's other SRB mods but they are either:

1. Small

2. Ugly

3. Old and abandoned

4. Not having what I need!

So, if I can't find it, I'll make it!

Introducing Kastor!

Kastor is a mod that will add SRBs of all different shapes and sizes for any need you may have! In the future, I also plan on creating a system of modular boosters, with segments and engines.

As I develop Kastor, I'll post my progress in this thread, and in the future when Kastor is closer to completion (or initial release), I'll open a release thread.

When will Kastor come out?

The current target (for the first release version) is 2021.

Stay tuned!

Edited by Emilius73
added release date target

• 7 months later...

It's been a while, and I haven't found time to develop Kastor since this thread was made back in July. However, now I do have the time to commit to it's development! I'm restarting Kastor's development, and making the following parts to start:

- 0.625m booster

- 1.25m boosters in 3 sizes

- 1.875m boosters in 2 sizes

- 2.2m 4 and 5 segment boosters (Shuttle and SLS)

Parts will be balanced to work in a 2.5x upscaled Kerbin system.

• 1 month later...

Hello guys! A little update:

Kastor's development is moving along. A bit slowly at the moment, since I'm getting to grips with Blender and asset creation with it. The first few assets are coming together, and I'll have images to show you soon.

In other news, I've set myself a target for release. I'm aiming to put out the first release version of Kastor in July, June if possible (haha, I was very naive back then) Of course, updates will follow adding new features and any parts that I deem fit for the mod. I've also been brainstorming other ideas after Kastor.

Stay tuned here!

Edited by Emilius73

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.