The Starbalista Class [0.17 Stock Rockets]

Bandock

Behold, my first publicly released stock 0.17 rocket! This design utilizes the new adapter to give a boost to a 1 crew pod with a large engine and three fuel tanks to boot. Next stage is of course the typical capsule-like design to enter in and out. There are no landers on this model since it was intended to be an experimental orbital rocket.

Here are the screenshots to keep the excitement up:

Starbalista-I1_zps784c568d.png

Starbalista-I2_zps642b295e.png

And for anyone curious about the name, I meant to spell it 'Ballista' originally similar to a real weapon found in real-life. However, I decided to leave that error as is to keep the name interesting. Expect another possible model based on this design. Enjoy this design. :)

Warning: Be very careful with throttling during the first stage or you will face very high-Gs!

Edited by Bandock
Forgot to provide the craft file.

In order to keep all the same class rockets in one spot, I decided to introduce the recently enhanced version of the Starbalista! This enhancement mainly comes with four solid rocket boosters with some nice attachments included.

Screenshots:

Starbalista-II1_zps5527fa0d.png

Starbalista-II2_zps032d0827.png

Starbalista-II3_zps2e2cd346.png

Remember folks to reduce throttle during the latter half of the first stage to avoid high-Gs from causing severe destruction or possible death in the future.

I actually do have larger rockets lying around. I just like to show these designs because of the way they look (true they only go on Kerbin orbit, though it is possible to achieve Mun orbit with at least the 2nd one). My main goal is to build an efficient rocket and not just trying to build something larger (though they do normally provide more fuel).

Lately, I been testing out new designs that involve the nuclear engine to go further. I might even discuss about it on my blog.

I actually do have such a design lying around for older versions (maybe a few) where the outer liquid-fueled rockets decouple. Definitely efficient rockets (especially once you hit orbit). :)

Right now, I been experimenting with new parts (which is why I also posted this design) to create a brand new class of rockets. I figured by posting these designs, it could encourage basic rockets (with some slight advancement).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.