deployable radiator specs config

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how/where radiators thermals are configured. In particular the Squad "Thermal Control System - Medium" deployable radiator. I have gone through the .cfg file for the rad in the Squad folder, but I can't figure out how the radiator's specs are calculated. The max temp one is obvious, but the one's that aren't are the "Core heat Xfer" and "max cooling" configurations.

I'm having an issue with a ship where the Ion engines, a fission reactor and the radiators themselves just keep overheating. I took all of the parts Xfer values into consideration and attached a number of radiators that in specs should be able to cope with the heat production of the said parts. Now as I understand it, deployable radiators can "soak up" heat production of a part no matter where it is placed on a vessel, but fixed one's have to be close to a part that require cooling. I would really like to learn how these radiators work and are configured in the settings so that I can better understand them. Any help would be great. A couple of attached pictures of my craft I built in orbit that will serve as a long distance vessel.

uGzr6yL.png

vdA2wPY.png

Looks like you have Near Future stuff going on there, in which case- do you also have System Heat installed? If so you’ll need to set up the cooling loops etc., which I haven’t actually used before so check the System Heat forum thread to find out how that works. If not, just add more/bigger radiators. Sometimes radiators can get stuck in a weird loop where they keep trying to cool each other and end up all maxed out at 100%, usually a bit of time warping can shift the excess heat especially if you turn off the big heat sources like the fission reactor.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.